'63 on the Mecum block - Seattle

RivNut

Still new at ID'ing 63's but, doesn't this car have a 64 hood spear? My 63 has the "flat", recessed, tri-shield emblem in the spear. Very interested to see what this car does at auction. Dale

Guest Gseago
Still new at ID'ing 63's but, doesn't this car have a 64 hood spear? My 63 has the "flat", recessed, tri-shield emblem in the spear. Very interested to see what this car does at auction. Dale

Looks like a previous owner replaced the original hood ornament with a later 70s (?) ornament. The correct ornament for a 64 is round not oval and silver not black and gold. If I'm not mistaken. Also it seems the interior (arm rests) have been modified, the standard interior armrests are slimmer and have a different door handle. This Riviera has part of the deluxe armrests minus the extensions.

Edited by Gseago (see edit history)

Looks like a previous owner replaced the original hood ornament with a later 70s (?) ornament. The correct ornament for a 64 is round not oval and silver not black and gold. If I'm not mistaken. Also it seems the interior (arm rests) have been modified, the standard interior armrests are slimmer and have a different door handle. This Riviera has part of the deluxe armrests minus the extensions.

No power windows = no extensions...the interior is the custom version but ordered without the power window option.

Tom Mooney

This Riviera has part of the deluxe armrests minus the extensions.

The extensions only came on cars equipped with power windows / power seat. You can see cranks for the windows and the manual seat adjuster.

Ed

PS - Tacky hood ornament

Guest Gseago
No power windows = no extensions...the interior is the custom version but ordered without the power window option.

Tom Mooney

The extensions only came on cars equipped with power windows / power seat. You can see cranks for the windows and the manual seat adjuster.

Ed

PS - Tacky hood ornament

Thanks for the corrections fellas, I never knew it could be ordered that way.