wonderful life car for sale

Guest vacabill

From the sound of the Auction description, you could probably drive it home (Using backroads!).

Wouldn't that be an interesting trip??

My favorite movie! I'd love to own this car. My favorite scene is when George Baily drives it into a tree.

There were two early DBs in the movie. A friend in San Diego (Duayne Ludke) owns or owned the other. His is a 1921.

That car belongs to a good friend on mine. I am sure he was disappointed with the bid results. He hauled it 800 miles up there to that auction.

yes the car is in great shape and is quite the car, all history documented.

They had a show on the CCBB car awhile back, they wanted alot more than 330,000. It never met the reserve but they worked out a behind the scenes deal that got it sold. Desired value vs. reality = sold price I guess. Always liked that car growing up and used to watch CCBB all the time, at least the part where he drags it home and fixes up the car!

He has to really be disappointed.

A news article said that the "Chitty-Chitty-Bang-Bang car sold recently at auction for $330,000.

I would love to own the Dodge. The spirit is willing, but the wallet is weak.

I know my friend would have sold the car if it had been there, LOL! I think he picked the wrong auction!

He probably would have done better at the Hershey Car Corral. The Dodge Brothers Touring looked really decent to me, and the provenance would certainly have ben an added adea of interest, at least to me.

I probably should have bought the 1924 Dodge Brothers touring from David Coco back in the 1980s, but foolishly let a stuck valve and a fender ding dissuade me. Thankfully I did get the 1927 Chevy Roadster and the 1917 Franklin Touring, as well as the all-original extreme low-mileage 1958 Chevy Bel-air which took us touring all over North America and which our children drove on Founders and Chrome Glidden Tours.

Edited by Marty Roth
left out a word (see edit history)

Guest CDNDCPD
That car belongs to a good friend on mine. I am sure he was disappointed with the bid results. He hauled it 800 miles up there to that auction.

yes the car is in great shape and is quite the car, all history documented.

Hi there - I am interested in the DB. I am really looking for a pre-1920 roadster, but the movie history adds a bit of fun to this one. Is there a way to contact him or at least find out the ballpark price ? I would rather deal one-on-one and not have the time pressure of an auction looming over me anyway

thank you