Can anyone ID this radiator

mcgoo

can anyone ID this radiator? I got it with my 1930 Chrysler 66, which is now found to be a 1925 Chrysler B model chassis with an unknown body at this stage,

It appears to fit Chrysler chassis but very different to 66 series radiator.

Thanks in advance

post-100001-14314252846_thumb.jpg

post-100001-143142528431_thumb.jpg

post-100001-143142528451_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

As this site has been a wealth of information for me (being a novice at restoring a car) can anyone tell me what the valve in the top of this radiator is. It has a rod going through radiator to the front as seen in the pics I posted.

What does this rod/valve do? I thinking pressure release of some sort

Is there meant to be a hole in the radiator surround for it?

Does anyone have a pic of a surround they could show me?

Does anyone know or have a surround for sale?

I am having trouble finding one here in Australia.

thanks in advance

mcgoo

Will this one work ?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]261591[/ATTACH]

That is a 1931 DeSoto and I know a guy who needs the bumpers. That radiator and shell is different than the 1929 Chrysler.

30 Dodge Ill keep it in mind, nothing like a bit of modification to get the look right, what sort of money are you asking for it?

mcgoo

PM me the exact parts you are looking for so I know how to answer that. If your only looking for a radiator let me know. If you need any hardware or other parts I need to know what you are interested in so we can be fair with one another.

Radiators are usually $50-150 depending on condition, shipping is extra.

Edited by 30DodgePanel (see edit history)

I will do that. I am also interested in the light switch.

Sorry John, I just now seen this...

Just let me know whenever you find something out, and let me know what exactly he needs (any bolts, washers, brackets etc..).

Send me pics to my email of the parts so I have them on file.

• 10 months later...

Looks to be for a 1929 Chrysler '75'.

Keiser31 you seem to be the guru on these things can you tell me if the surround in the attached link would be the correct surround for the radiator I have posted pictures of.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1929-Chrysler-28-30-31-32-desoto-plymouth-grill-street-rod-hot-project-vintage-/291444052615?vxp=mtr&hash=item43db6b5287&nma=true&si=LkaIqU70qfpBvTp1it%252F0VdFUbA4%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

thanks

mcgoo

Yes mcgoo.....that looks to be the 1929 Chrysler Model 75 shell. If the louvers are movable, I believe it is the correct one. Inside measurements to cmopare with each other are needed to verify, though.