Members

I am a student at Virginia State University. I am currently in the process of completing a project about the AACA organization. I am creating a information system about the members of the organization, but I do not have a listing of members. I do not want to make up the information about the members, because this actually a real working database I am creating. If anybody is reading this PLEASE HELP!!, it is critical that I receive some feedback on this matter. If anyone can help there is a VIRGINIA STATE UNIVERSITY gift/T-shirt for helping. <BR>Anybody can contact me at lilkwa@hotmail.com<P>Thank you<P>

So you have two goals: 1) A student project and 2) a useful database for the AACA to use.<P>There are some very well grounded suspicions about giving personal data to someone who is basically unknown and whose word and integrity would be difficult or impossible to check. You will not get any significant help from us in getting "real" data.<P>Sorry, but I think that is a fact of life.<P>May I offer the following: Design and build your database using dummy data. I can't believe that your professor(s) would mark you down for that. If you need suggestions as to what members of the AACA think would be useful in a database application just ask. There are a number of people that post to this list that are professionals in the computer industry and can get as detailed as you would like.<P>After your school project is complete, you could arrange to demonstrate it to the appropriate AACA officials to see if they would like to have or use it. The AACA could then populate it with real data.<P>I think this is the only approach that will allow you to meet both of your goals.

Guest Hal Davis (MODEL A HAL)

I don't know, Sal. It might be a real nice T-shirt. wink.gif...Nah, not worth the SPAM, junk mail, and telephone calls interupting supper.

Now if everybody would just send me their credit card numbers and expiration dates I could complete this little research project I am considering. cool.gif Contributors would each receive a special baseball cap to be worn backwards to show the world how intelligent you are. grin.gif Duh! ~ hvs smile.gif<P>Maybe I should change that last sentence to "how intelligent you look". smile.gif<p>[This message has been edited by hvs (edited 09-12-2000).]

Hey, Howard be careful with those remarks, I ressembled that! Try working on a car, especailly under it or judge chasiss with a ball cap on forwards. You'll find out that !@#$%bill^&*()visor gets in the way! cool.gif I've been wearing my hat that way for years now ,since having been a line mechanic and working on race cars.<p>[This message has been edited by novaman (edited 09-12-2000).]

novaman ~ I wasn't referring to the practical uses of a reversed baseball cap. I was referring to the idiot fringe seen around our high schools out here and elsewhere, exhibiting the intelligence of the people being interview on the street by Jay Leno. I'll bet they watch "Survivor" with their caps reversed too.<P>I have the same trouble under cars and dashboards as you do. My solution has been to take an old cap and cut off the visor. They won't be any good when you come out from under anyway. The advantage of that method is that you don't have that open space in front of your forehead to allow for the entry of sharp objects. Us bald headed guys have no shield on top like you young guys. smile.gif ~ hvs

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MODEL A HAL:<BR><B>...Nah, not worth the SPAM, junk mail, and telephone calls interupting supper.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Amen to that. Most of those phone spammers call me at 8 AM twice a week asking me if I want to buy aluminum siding or apply for a so-called "low-interest Visa".<BR>