How long to get oil presurre

pacrat

On initial start up you should get oil pressure almost immediately. I take out the plugs and crank the engine till I get oil pressure. Then put the plugs in and start it.

If you didn't get oil pressure for five minutes that's not good.

Dave

i would pull the distributor and turn the oil pump with a drill. pull off the the rocker arm cover to check if oil is circulating. if oil is going to the rockers then it is possible the oil gauge us not working. if no oil at the rockers then there is an issue with the oil pump. are you sure there is enough oil in the pan?

32 Buicks drive the oil pump directly off a worm gear in the center of the cam. The distributor is driven off the back of the generator. I would remove the oil line off the back of the block going to the oil filter and with plugs removed crank the engine and look for oil flow. If no oil there, I would loosen a line at the oil cooler and check for flow. No oil at this point, it's time to drop the pan and look for the problem.

Bob Engle

I would hope that you opened every bearing, visually checked the surfaces and plasti-gauged every one of them. You could have taken 100,000 miles of use off of any of the rods or mains. The shop that did the work should open it all up and check for wear.

I would wish you luck if you don't check everything out and happy motoring anyway.