1925 Overland Title Wrong Year?

I have a Overland Coupe titled as A 1925. The Model number on the VIN is 91-A with a 6 digit serial number beginning with 283XXX. When searching for gaskets for the 4 cylinder they told me "My gasket book shows the model 91 Overland from 1919-23, and then the model 92 Overland from 1923-26". How can I tell who is correct? The Engine number is 235744. Can anyone help? :confused:

Many Thanks!

Bill

1925 Overland model 91 - 91A , serial numbers 240272-339655 introduced Jan 1925.

1924 Overland model 91- 91A . serial numbers 132400-240271 (sedan and coupe only, not including All-steel bodies)

Does this help at all?

1925 Overland model 91 - 91A , serial numbers 240272-339655 introduced Jan 1925.

1924 Overland model 91- 91A . serial numbers 132400-240271 (sedan and coupe only, not including All-steel bodies)

Does this help at all?

Thanks Bill! Looks like it was titled correctly. Now I will wait and see if someone can tell me if I have the original engine. Thanks again Bill!

Bill

I bought a 1917 Maxwell that was advertised as a 1916 Maxwell. Research revealed it was from late 1917. When I applied for antique plates the first time, the state rejected the application saying they could not change the year, and also rejected it because it is not in showroom condition (it is unrestored, but in running condition, so I will keep it that way). When I tried again, around Christmas week, when I thought there might be less oversight, I got it back accepted, with a corrected title listing it from 1917.

Even if the title misstates the year........LET IT RIDE.

Don't ever mess with a clear title....... :eek:

You are absolutely correct! I went thru "Title Nightmare" years ago!

Thank goodness this Title matches everything so far. Now if someone could tell me if the engine number matches the year.......

Thanks everyone!

Bill

Don't ever mess with a clear title....... :eek:

cahartley, you are so correct in your above quote, that maybe everyone in this hobby should have such signage posted in their shop/garage!

Not messin' with it,

Grog