I saw this Truck today.

nick8086

Diamond T. Steering wheel is not original at least. Still looks nice considering if everything else is still as originally equipped. A lot like the Baby Mack which was basically a small Diamond T. Sweet. :cool: Dandy Dave!

These trucks,like the Mack Juniors, are hard to find and can be very expensive. The $35,000 they wanted in the auction was pretty reasonable I think for a truck that looked very authentic. I've seen unrestored units with higher asking prices. This truck would be a great piece to have if it's complete, original and without too much to change. Looks like the seat is not original either and there's a lot of extra spaghetti hanging around! Did you inquire if it is for sale and how much?

Short answer- not many were made as a pick-up. Most were larger farm and delivery stake body trucks from what I have seen at truck shows. If you had the Mack Jr. version of this truck it would be worth A LOT to the Mack collectors. You could try asking for more information on the Antique Truck Club of America (ATCA) web site.

Terry

There's a guy nearby me who does a lot of work on Studebakers, Packards, Hudsons, Model A's, and other old cars. That EXACT truck is his daily driver. Let's just say he gets noticed, especially when he stops for gas or to get a burger.