Greenbee

what make is this 1920,s? touring car?

It resembles an early 20's Moon but not completely.

There was an American made car that elicited a lawsuit from Rolls-Royce for infringement, regarding the radiator and shell. I do not recall the name of the car, but this may be it!

Moon, Elcar and Roamer all had RR-like radiator shells, but the car in this photo doesn't look like any of them to me. My guess is this is not an American auto.

Don

On 14/05/2014 at 0:23 PM, prs519 said:

There was an American made car that elicited a lawsuit from Rolls-Royce for infringement, regarding the radiator and shell. I do not recall the name of the car, but this may be it!

Can you tell us more about this? My searching on www comes up blank, which probably means I am using the wrong search string.

On 5/23/2014 at 9:36 PM, RKS said:

A Velie ?

I think it's European and not a Velie.

On 14/05/2014 at 0:23 PM, prs519 said:

The only one I can find was in 2015 when a company marketing kits to put a "RR grill" on a VW beetle was sued by RR.

The question is, when did RR trademark the three-dimensional shape of their grill and where?