Dave Hentschel's Passing

AVS619

For those of you who knew Dave, you may not know that Dave passed away early Friday morning. Dave was the restorer of many Miller racing cars and sold his own invention, a distributor that replaces the mag on early cars. He restored many cars over the years, some of them mine. More importantly for me, he was a good friend.

Services are not yet decided. Hack Funeral Home (www.hackfuneralhome.com) in Beecher, Illinois will post information once plans are finalized. I thought some of you might want to know this.

Tom Edfors

Guest T-Head

post-65489-143142512851_thumb.jpg

Sad to learn about Dave's death as he was a great guy and a very talented restorer. I used to always look forward to spending time with him at many of the vintage oval racing events that we both have attended while helping clients with their cars and at Hershey. The best time we had together was at the Goodwood Festival of Speed in England were he was taking care of the yellow front-drive Miller he restored for the late Chuck Davis. Dave can be seen above running it up the hill at Goodwood. The grey #27 V-16 Miller was another of the many cars he also restored for Chuck Davis.

R.I.P. Dave.

post-65489-143142512846_thumb.jpg

Edited by T-Head (see edit history)