1911 Packard Co double take?

1911 Packard/Wright Co. Alger doubletake?<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

<!-- / icon and title --><!-- message --><!-- google_ad_section_start -->Always churning, and digging through the archives here, I've seen and read this letter dozens of times over the years. Russell A. Alger Jr. was one of the first investors, and a founding board member of the Wright Company. He is/was even better known as one of the key founders and executives of The Packard Automobile Co from around 1903 or so, on. Usually as a Vice President, who made many of that company's key decisions.

In a Nov, 1911 signed letter he writes to the Wright board on his letterhead. I never noticed, until today, that his letterhead reads, "Russell A. Alger; Ford Building, Detroit" How odd that one of the most important persons in the Packard Company, is headquartered in "The Ford Building," at a time the Packard company was so hugely successful.

Wonder if it had any connection to the Ford car company? There were lots of Fords around and they sometimes got in hot water for using their own name in business. One was Ford bubble gum, the Ford car people sued them for using the Ford name but the judge decided that nobody was apt to confuse a piece of gum with an automobile. I remember Ford gum balls in gum ball machines when I was a kid 50 years ago.