Want a Dynaflow for a 55 Buick Roadmaster

Guest norzaks

Guest norzaks

I wish to buy a Dynaflow for my 55 Buick Roadmaster Engine 322 since what I have can´t more recovered. Eventually someone of you have a good one to sell? or know where can I try to find one used but in a good condition?

Additionally I would like to ask if any more modern Dynaflow from years 56, 57, etc is compatible with the 55 Dynaflow I have.

Can someone help me?

Many thanks !

The '56 will swap into the '55 just fine and is preferred by some. The may be a slight difference in length but from what I have read, they are the SAME length in the big cars from 55 and 56. The ujoint on the rear of the 56 will have to be swapped over from the 55 because they are a different spline. The bolt pattern changed for the '57 year model and up, the 364 and 322 are different bolt patterns. The '55 Special and Century series are appx 1" shorter than the Roadmaster and Super.

Edited by TexasJohn55 (see edit history)

Guest norzaks
The '56 will swap into the '55 just fine and is preferred by some. The may be a slight difference in length but from what I have read, they are the SAME length in the big cars from 55 and 56. The ujoint on the rear of the 56 will have to be swapped over from the 55 because they are a different spline. The bolt pattern changed for the '57 year model and up, the 364 and 322 are different bolt patterns. The '55 Special and Century series are appx 1" shorter than the Roadmaster and Super.

Excelent John, many thanks! nice to know there is such possibility too. At the end will be more easy to find one 55 or 56 Dynaflow. Problem till now is to find one that is really nice to recover or eventually already ready to put in the car run.

br, Norberto

Guest norzaks

Many thanks ! nice hear there is also such possibility too. Let me try to find someone performed such modification to have idea how is easy. My problem is that I´m located here in Brazil and some small adaptation could means a bigger problem because parts for this car is available just in USA. In this case I have to import one complete dyna 56 + xx parts. But I see as one good possibility to put one trans Dyna 56 because till now, I didn´t found one nice for my 55.

br, Norberto

A lot 55 and 56 Buicks have been imported to Australia in recent years so don't just narrow your search to USA.

I believe with the parts you already have a 56 is a good option and will get that Roadmaster moving quicker than ever.

How about sharing some photos of your car......we like photos.

Guest norzaks

Ok Brian,

Let me select some photos to post here.

I have this video when started restoration in my place.

br, Norberto.