Horch

alsancle

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

That appears to be a Horch staff car for Erwin Rommel (standing, arm outstretched). The flag is his war-flag or battalion associated with him. The WH license plate registration is for the army by what I can tell. There's another photo of a Horch of his with different plate in the era on-line.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, prewarnut said:

That appears to be a Horch staff car for Erwin Rommel (standing, arm outstretched). The flag is his war-flag or battalion associated with him. The WH license plate registration is for the army by what I can tell. There's another photo of a Horch of his with different plate in the era on-line.

That is the context of the photo. I took the picture of it as it is displayed in the Overlord Museum.   I’d like to see a side profile of the car. 

There are photos online but likely copywrited. If you search for him and a Horch 951 by Erdmann and Rossi, Cab D there's a couple of photos but one is from a distance and another is at an angle. Also his license plate seems to be WH 948205 but of course multiple cars could have been used but this plate in multiple photos differs from the one on the car you showed. Good luck!

Certainly not as beautiful, but interesting none the less. This vehicle was displayed at the museum, and shows how the war turned many industries into a different role as they became part of the military industrial complex. Again a Horch, but less likely to pull the elite of society into it for a ride. B911525E-8DD1-487D-BF4F-EEAACE1B91B0.jpeg.13d07997243d0426165d8be21e272cf1.jpeg3B78492C-610B-41D6-BCD0-B76864CA3B37.jpeg.562264d1166c3df675019db08ba846ac.jpeg

• Like 1