39 Special 40 Harness

Guest vt39

Hi all,

My dad and I got started on our 39 Special 40 this weekend. Car is solid and complete. Looks as though a previous owner started a resto but didn't finish. This is oldest car that we've had in our garage. We've done a 56 Chevy, and I still have my 64 Impala.

I've kept Google busy looking for repro wire harnesses and more for the Buick.

Thoughts on a good source for harnesses and interiors? Both are original but shot.

Thanks!

Richard

Edited by vt39 (see edit history)

I 've made this recommendation in the past. If you have the original harnesses, You can purchase all the components with modern wire that looks like the original woven wire for 1/4 the cost of manufactured harensses. It is fairly easy to build your ow harnesses. You have the opportunity to add or modify for turn signals, electric fuel pumps,etc. John Brillman sells all the correct connectors, wire and loom. If you like doing your own work and saving money, build your own harnesses.

Bob Engle

The most accurate Series 40 harness has to be from Harnesses Unlimited. I loaned them a NOS front harness over 30 years ago that they copied. They sent it back and it is in my 39-41C. They gave me one in return for the loan and it is in my Series 41. So, I bought one from them for my Series 46-C some thirty years later.