Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Is there supposed to be a gasket that goes between the mounting base of the Idle Air Control (IAC) and the surface that it mounts to on the throttle body?

Yes, I know about the round rubber ring that slides over the IAC, but wondering about another mounting gasket. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I recall that when I replaced the IAC on my '90 Coupe that it took lots of miles before my idle smoothed out. I cleaned the IAC hole on the TB out good with a whole can of carb cleaner spray too. The erratic idle caused concern that there was an air leak issue even though I had put a new O-ring on at install but in time it has learned to become steady at 6-700rpm.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...