Mystery museum

automuseum

I am reviewing the Register of Antique Automobiles Joint Listing AACA - VMCCA - HCCA, compiled and published by the AACA in 1957 as I research the provenance of some of our cars.

In addition to the names of the pioneer collectors back then, several museums are listed. All the museums are familiar to me, save one... I keep finding a reference to the "T.P. Museum" ... Does any one know what museum this was?

Appreciate any leads...

Roberto at the Seal Cove Auto Museum

Roberto, this is a "soft lead" or educated guess, but could it be he initials of Doc Powers who I understand ran a museum in Southington, CT (before my time) in the late 50s - early 60s? There has been discussion on this somewhere in this forum. If I can think of the name of the museum or provide any additional details will share them.

Seal Cove is on our vist list for later this year!

Guest T-Head
I am reviewing the Register of Antique Automobiles Joint Listing AACA - VMCCA - HCCA, compiled and published by the AACA in 1957 as I research the provenance of some of our cars.

In addition to the names of the pioneer collectors back then, several museums are listed. All the museums are familiar to me, save one... I keep finding a reference to the "T.P. Museum" ... Does any one know what museum this was?

Appreciate any leads...

Roberto at the Seal Cove Auto Museum

Roberto,

It may be referring to the Thompson Products Museum that eventually turned into the Crawford Museum.

More info here: http://www.wrhs.org/Properties/Thompson_Products_Auto_Album_