Sign in to follow this  
Spinneyhill

1930 DC tail light

I am thinking of adding a second (LH) tail light to my DC for safety reasons, as well as indicators. <big><big>I have the LH bracket (after hours spent straightening one) and some light bodies (brass and steel), but they need repair and the FILITE text is either not there or smaller than the one on the car.

I just need the body and bulb holder & plug assembly; I have a bezel and lens. According to the Master Parts List, they are same as DA for my vehicle number.

<big><big>I suppose originals are like hens teeth. Does anyone reproduce them? </big></big> </big></big>

No reproductions that I am aware of, Plymouth used the same bucket as well as other Chrysler products Im sure

Are you looking for the one with the license plate light lens or the solid style?

Are you looking for the one with the license plate light lens or the solid style?

Either would do the job, but the "solid" style would be better. I can black out the license plate lens if necessary. The license plate is on the right here, of course (driver's side).

I have a few extras. Can you post a good photo of the one that you want to match? Does it have to be chromed plated?? Can you measure the "FILITE" size on yours???

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

Thank you for your response. Here are some pictures. The overall diameter behind the bezel is 3.55", the length front to back (including bezel) is 2.40" and FILITE is 0.20" tall. Good quality chrome would be good but I will rechrome if necessary (I have to do the bezel anyway). The one on the car certainly needs a clean-up!

post-88545-143142479002_thumb.jpg

post-88545-143142478932_thumb.jpg

post-88545-143142478967_thumb.jpg

Interestingly, the "FILITE" stamps on mine are facing the opposite direction as yours.....

post-37352-143142479123_thumb.jpg

I wonder if that has anything to do with mine being Canadian and yours being American (I expect)?

Isn't everything upside down down under?

Cheeky sausage! Actually we are the right way up. It is just the hegemony of the northern hemisphere that says you are the right way up.

We walk around on our heads so that when you Northerners look down on us we appear to be the right way up Confuses you don't it