Radiator Mascot ID?

Guest De Soto Frank

Guest De Soto Frank

A friend of mine just returned from vacation in New York, and mentioned seeing a number of Franklins on the road near Syracuse.<P>He also asked me if I knew what make car had a "lion" as a radiator mascot. He thought the lion was "rampant", in heraldry terms.<BR>(I'm assuming the car in question is pre-1930)<P>I'm stumped... anybody have some ideas as to what my friend saw? confused.gif" border="0

Guest boettger

The Annual Trek of the H.H. Franklin Club is this week in Cazenovia, NY.<BR>On Sunday August 11, 2002 there was a celebration, in downtown Syracuse, for the Centennial of the Franklin Air Cooled Automobile (Manufactured in Syracuse, NY from 1902 thru 1934). There were about 140 Franklins on display there.<BR>That splains what your friend saw!<BR> cool.gif" border="0 Pretty cool gathering!<p>[ 08-15-2002: Message edited by: boettger ]

Guest De Soto Frank

Thank you, Gentlemen!<P>The only lion mascot I could think of was Peugot, and I was pretty sure that was not the car in question...<P>Wish I could have gotten up there to the Franklin meet; but I had to go the other direction to a family reunion in Baltimore and "look at old relatives" instead. wink.gif" border="0 <P>Cheers!