Guest Kudos202

Guest Kudos202

post-99740-143142473804_thumb.jpg

I've been offered this for $1000.

What is it and should I jump on it?

Was / is complete when parked up, only real issue I see the trunk floor has rusted out...

post-99740-143142473793_thumb.jpg

post-99740-143142473798_thumb.jpg

What is it? Are parts available? Is the engine complete?

For $1000, it's very inexpensive entertainment. If the engine and drivetrain are complete, and the rusted floor is repairable, my suggestion would be to buy it.

Depending on the market for the car, a 'quick and inexpensive' cosmetic fluff up would make an interesting driver.

If it can be made to run and drive safely it might even be a lot of fun to just leave the paint and plating as it is, and drive it as an 'as found' car. That is somewhat popular here in the states. Not all old cars HAVE to be fully restored to better than new condition.

GLong

Cute little car with suicide doors! Reminds me of the time I brought home a Subaru 360 and my family and neighbors all laughed. Got it running and sold it to a guy who still enjoys it by parking front of his Italian Deli with a Fiat. This could be a fun project, whatever you do with it. In the States it would be good street rod material if nothing else you could recover your $1000.

It will be interesting to hear from this Forum what it really is.

Hi that is a cool car as some one ask ? what is it . If it was in the states I would love to have it , love the ones that are different . Buy it ,restore it and enjoy.

What is it? A medium priced English sedan of the late 40s or very early fifties. Possibly a Lanchester. If there are no badges or emblems on the exterior there should be an ID plate under the bonnet, on the engine or firewall.

Should you buy it? Hell no. Run like the wind. Put it behind you and never look back. Especially if the only issue you can see is a rusty trunk floor.

Should you jump on it? Depends. Got money? Got time? Do the work your self? Hire all the work out? Got an understanding wife? Got room for it? Care what it costs vs what it's worth. Parts available? Not available? Only you have the best answer. If you want mine...........Sure, go ahead..............Bob

Guest AlCapone

I would only consider buying if it is still complete and then only if you can do most of the work yourself. I personally would not invest in it as there is a tremendous amount of work to do. It looks like it might be 5% complete and 95% to go. A lot of money and effort still to be invested. More and more it makes good sense to buy one that is ready to enjoy. Only you know but it looks to be a very major project. If you need parts are they readily available ? When you are finished what will it be worth versus how much will you have invested.

I recently purchased a restored vehicle that the seller had $18,000 and five years labor invested and I was high bid at the auction and I bid $8500 dollars. Good luck whatever your decision is. Wayne