JohnD1956

Raise your hand if you drove at least one old Buick this weekend

Not one, but two events Saturday for Fiorello's 1937 Roadmaster 80C Phaeton.

The New Orleans All-Club Picnic had great folks, great food, and of course our cars, including Gene Lee's immaculate 1949 Special Torpedo and our 80C.

Later Saturday night the Buick and I had the honor of transporting Katie Guillory and Davis Van Meter, an HCCA/CCCA Bride and Groom and absolutely delightful couple, through the French Quarter from their reception at Pat O's on the River (across from Jackson Square), taking them to their hotel.

I've learned that Davis is a 3rd generation Antique Car Guy, and that, from her first old car tour, Katie is a Tour enthusiast, as well.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Marty Roth
typo (see edit history)
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, 38Buick 80C said:

I drove both my '38's this weekend. In fact I drove my new Model 87 Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and today. If only I could get my 80C to start and run that reliably.

You need to figure that out, wish I was closer and could help!

• Like 1

I drove the 60 to the opening of cruise night.   Later the 54 for a  long drive as she has sat for sometime.   

30412191_1768372513183160_49922765008886

• Like 11

I cranked over my almost done 40 twin carb special. Hasn’t been fired yet on a fresh rebuild but after a full day in the shop working on it I got it to backfire a couple times. Good enough for now ,I’m tired and heading to the house. Even a pop through the exhaust is a win.

F7E52602-F6EE-4505-B7B4-F5E215201C00.jpeg

• Like 10

Just got back from the 2018 Yosemite HCCA National Tour.  Had magneto issues that put our car in the trailer. 

But we had a great time seeing all the waterfalls etc. in a modern car anyway.  

Tomorrow we go to the Bakersfield Swap Meet!

Touring Yosemite.JPG

Yosemite Tour Parking Lot.JPG

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

On 4/7/2018 at 10:21 PM, Elpad said:

Some videos on the way back home

487F70C7-ADAD-4917-8FEB-C17B0D7DBC1F.MOV

Hmmm, All I get is a dark screen with audio.  I opened it with windows media player.  Not inclined to use that Apple product that keeps popping up.

IPhone videos taken and were downloaded to my ? Mac and uploaded to the forum. I will have to try something different

Out and about today...  really need a modern temp gauge,  she runs high side of normal on these 80 degree days in city traffic

20180414_143014.jpg

• Like 4

I drove The Aqua Zephyr on a dinner date with my wife this evening. It's nice to ride around town on a Spring evening with the windows down with the one you love! (the wife and the car!) 

20180414_182911.thumb.jpg.f8cf0c4af6eac46c0ed1f0a1be2a7d1c.jpg

• Like 9

15 minutes ago, NC68Riviera said:

I drove The Aqua Zephyr on a dinner date with my wife this evening. It's nice to ride around town on a Spring evening with the windows down with the one you love! (the wife and the car!) 

Go ahead, rub it in.  It's supposed to snow in the Kansas City area tonight. ❄❄❄❄❄❄

• Like 4

7 hours ago, wndsofchng06 said:

Out and about today...  really need a modern temp gauge,  she runs high side of normal on these 80 degree days in city traffic

20180414_143014.jpg

So does mine. Still in the normal range though. Never overheated on me. I would not sweat it. 

• Like 2

I'm really beginning to envy you guys ! We're in the middle of an ice pellet/freezing rain event.The municipality just spread another load of sand and salt on the roads and pushed half a tree off the road.This tree is blocking access to the drive shed where my car trailer is stored. Global warming my a#** !

Jim

Casualty of ice storm April 14 2018 001.JPG

Another casualty of April 15 2018 002.JPG

Edited by J.H.Boland (see edit history)
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, J.H.Boland said:

I'm really beginning to envy you guys ! We're in the middle of an ice pellet/freezing rain event.

I sympathize with you Jim.  Freezing rain here this AM.  Roads haven't been salted yet and look like a skating pond!  WTH happened to our Spring?   Ugh!!!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, J.H.Boland said:

We're in the middle of an ice pellet/freezing rain event.

Here in Toronto as well, and its supposed to get worse as the day wears on, with about 1/2 in to nearly an inch of ice expected by tonight.

Keith

• Sad 1

By the end of the week, if the weather prognosticators are correct, we may just about be snow-free. It isn't looking good for having a car out and about before leaving the country May 2 unless I put antique plates on the 1929 and rearrange the garage. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

15 hours ago, NC68Riviera said:

That colour is stunning.

And the Riv. almost fits in a modern parking space.

Cal.

• Like 5