JohnD1956

Raise your hand if you drove at least one old Buick this weekend

I drove my 1937 Century to lunch today. I was hoping to blow some of the dust off of it from my 1938 Century project. It was still dusty after I got home, so I washed it and drove it some more to dry it off after lunch. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Matt, those sound like some pretty lame excuses to go drive a Buick, unless you're talking to a Buick owner!

I took the 1937 Roadmaster out, warmed her up, drove around the neighborhood just playing, and then put her back in the garage.

We're expecting some colder weather here after New Years Eve, maybe just to keep the Sugar Bowl visitors "chill".

• Like 3

18 hours ago, jvelde said:

Matt, those sound like some pretty lame excuses to go drive a Buick, unless you're talking to a Buick owner!

I typically drive it to lunch or dinner almost year round except in bad weather. If it is between about 40 degrees and 80 degrees, (which it is much of the year) I usually drive it regularly. 

• Like 1

Flushed the cooling system, added store bought water (ours is full of iron) and antifreeze and drove to to the liquor store and back. DF4CB928-D287-4333-883B-D3F6BBB1CE16.jpeg

now i get this   :wacko::(  one step forward, two steps back

9D04575E-A3E7-4A9D-943E-32C0845F8998.jpeg

• Sad 5

1 hour ago, MrEarl said:

now i get this   :wacko::(  one step forward, two steps back

Ut-oh!  But take a good look at the unit from the engine side.  some of these come out from the top of the cowl, under the hood. 

Looks like I’ll be curled up with my shop manual sooner than later

2 hours ago, JohnD1956 said:

Ut-oh!  But take a good look at the unit from the engine side.  some of these come out from the top of the cowl, under the hood. 

1 hour ago, Larry Schramm said:

Lamar,  Do you smell coolant?

Yep

9 minutes ago, MrEarl said:

Looks like I’ll be curled up with my shop manual sooner than later

Yep

Time for a Heater Core repair/replacement, but you can temporarily bypass it

Good luck

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi all,

Happy new year to you all.

2018 brings another year of Buick activities and extreme heat! (109F this coming Sunday)

April finds us off on a pre-war Buick run up to the wine region of Mudgee, about 220 miles north west of Sydney

May is our Club President run to another wine region just an hour north of where I live

June, looks like I might be attending the BCA nationals in Denver - can't wait!

September will be our Nationals in Australia, in Dalby, in the state of Queensland, an 1100 mile round trip

Of course, photos will follow each event as it happens

take care over with the east coast storms.

Cheers

Paul

• Like 4

Paul, here is hoping you do make it to Denver.  I am hoping to be there. Will be an honor to meet you. I think we all need to wear a LARGE  name tag on our back so we can recognize each other.  

See ya. 

Ben

Paul, I hope you can enjoy that heat, a bit too much for me. Here in at my place in Ontario its' about -10F, with much lower temps in other areas. Sorry that I won't be able to make the show in Denver, as I'd love to meet you guys.

Keith

Hi Ben and Keith,

I am really excited about attending looking forward to meeting the people behind the posts, my wife and daughter are both a little jealous as wife has to work over the same week and my daughter will be at school so they cannot come along. Both are similarly annoyed as they have never been to the States before. It has been some time since I was last there, 1991 if I recall correctly. 

cheers

Paul

• Like 2

Paul, I have just about the same situation. My son will be in the midst of his final high school exams at the time, so my wife doesn't want to leave him to his own devices that week, and she will be quite annoyed if I go, and she doesn't. So, I made the choice not to go. At least for now.

Keith

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Buicknutty said:

Paul, I have just about the same situation. My son will be in the midst of his final high school exams at the time, so my wife doesn't want to leave him to his own devices that week, and she will be quite annoyed if I go, and she doesn't. So, I made the choice not to go. At least for now.

Keith

Similar here - exams will be done but I'd risk it getting back in time for grad. At least next year it won't interfere with anyone's schooling. 

• Like 1

Hi Ben, my wife just looked over my shoulder as I was reading your post! oops

• Like 1

What they don't know can't hurt them.. Right? 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Paul White said:

Hi Ben, my wife just looked over my shoulder as I was reading your post! oops

Well, ok, as long as she and mine do not make contact.

Ben

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Paul White said:

Hi Ben and Keith,

I am really excited about attending looking forward to meeting the people behind the posts, my wife and daughter are both a little jealous as wife has to work over the same week and my daughter will be at school so they cannot come along. Both are similarly annoyed as they have never been to the States before. It has been some time since I was last there, 1991 if I recall correctly. 

cheers

Paul

Paul,

Make sure you pack an economy size jar of VEGEMITE. Some of the blokes on this forum including Ben, Old Tank ( Willie ) and Lamar ( Mr Earl ) just love it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, 50jetback said:

Paul,

Make sure you pack an economy size jar of VEGEMITE. Some of the blokes on this forum including Ben, Old Tank ( Willie ) and Lamar ( Mr Earl ) just love it.

And I have just been saying good things about you on another forum!  :rolleyes:

Ben

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, 50jetback said:

Paul,

and Willie may even trade up some Spam 

14 hours ago, Beemon said:

What they don't know can't hurt them.. Right? 

That statement my young man has a way of coming around a biting one in the ... sometimes in ones relationship. :lol:

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, 50jetback said:

Paul,

I usually travel light, have to pack a few extra jars!