Raise your hand if you drove at least one old Buick this weekend

JohnD1956

On April 5, 2017 at 9:37 PM, Elpad said:

Another ride to a local show last weekend at Miami Lakes, FL. "Almendrón" took another unexpected first class trophy in it class. 

IMG_1365.JPG

IMG_1389.JPG

Nice shirt too!!

Glad to see you bringing home so many trophies, considering all the hard work you put into them, you certainly deserve them. Thanks for being such a champion and promoter of the '54 Buicks. 

• Like 2

Nice sunny day, maybe 50 degrees F, but there was a stiff breeze from the NW that made it feel cooler than that.  We've had a bunch of rain this week, so lawns are soggy but the roads got a good rinsing.  I will probably (hopefully?) not be able to take this picture again a month from now...

IMG_0729.JPG

• Like 7

Elm Tree, hat might be the first picture I have seen. A few minutes ago I saw the trunk picture. I got it right!

Today the temperature MAY be the same as my age. I'm going out by some body of water myself.

Bernie

Buick Club meeting in Bonham, Texas yesterday at Pete Phillips' shop.  Took the '39 the 65 miles each way and it did fine in the very windy conditions.  There are several places where road work had the route narrowed down, and between the wind and the lane reroutes with uneven pavement, it was a struggle to keep the bias plys in the correct lane.  Good to have Ben Bruce AKA First Born come down and visit and check out what Pete has in the shop.   

• Like 2

14 hours ago, EmTee said:

Nice sunny day, maybe 50 degrees F, but there was a stiff breeze from the NW that made it feel cooler than that.  We've had a bunch of rain this week, so lawns are soggy but the roads got a good rinsing.  I will probably (hopefully?) not be able to take this picture again a month from now...

Dang Tim, she appears brand new

65 miles, round trip and the temperature exceeded my age!

Lunch on the Square in Holley. Think:

Then we rode out to Point Breeze. Think Salmon:

005.thumb.JPG.f2e6f1ebb184a149cc1fd7ad8bd01e26.JPG

We both had chicken salad sandwiches.

Bernie

• Like 3

I can finally post again on this thread! I had the 41 Roadmaster out for its' first cruise of the year. Also I was at a local auto flea market early this morning and bought a few items, one of them was this, Buick Chrome Gard, not a pristine piece, but I almost never see this kind of thing, here at least. I'm thinking that the it must be 50's? Anyone out there seen one of these?

Also, a shot that my daughter took of me driving around the neighborhood in my car.

41Full.jpg

BuickCan1.jpg

BuickCan2.jpg

Driving41.jpg

• Like 4

Between the Buick Club meeting Saturday and the AACA meeting today, about 180 miles on the '39 Buick.  Mr. Earl will enjoy that I took photos today and scold me for not taking any on Saturday!  Okay, crane your neck since I can't get the orientation right.

IMG_0070.JPG

IMG_0071.JPG

IMG_0072.JPG

IMG_0073.JPG

IMG_0074.JPG

IMG_0076.JPG

IMG_0077.JPG

IMG_0078.JPG

IMG_0079.JPG

• Like 1

The definition of old is whatever the poster wants to make of it. I would not want to place any limitations, and might even consider my 2013 to be "old" now.  For me, personally, the "old" term just does not apply to my daily driver, which is the 78 Estate Wagon. It's almost 40 years old and I drive that practically everyday, but don't post about that one.  But that does not mean others have to follow that line of reasoning.

18 hours ago, Beemon said:

Where do the Nailheads fit in?

21 hours ago, JamesBulldogMiller55Buick said:

To me ;

an old Buick is straight 8.

a new Buick is 1967 or newer 

nailheads are right in between old and new....

nailheads, are Buick

I love all of them!

Edited by JamesBulldogMiller55Buick (see edit history)
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, CBloomberg said:

It was a smaller show of about 75 cars at a classic car restoration shop but alas, only one Buick. :(

LeSabre.jpg

May have only been one Buick but it was a beauty!  

• Like 4

Drove two this weekend. 

Took my 70 GS455 convertible over to a friend's house who has a 70 GS455 coupe that he bought brand new in 1969, and we found a nice winding road and took turns driving each other's car.  Was a blast, and a nice way to spend a couple of hours on a Sunday! 

• Like 9

I put about 400 miles on the Skylark between yesterday and today. Drove down to Shippensburg, PA, then up to Carlisle to visit a friend and take in the Spring Carlisle event. Not very many Buicks for sale in the corral, but there were a '39 and a '57 that caught my eye. There was also a '78 Regal just like the one I bought new back in the day. It was the first new car I bought. Had fun, despite the rain.

Edited by Machine Gun
Error. (see edit history)
  • Like 2

On 4/21/2017 at 1:40 PM, lancemb said:

Also drove 2!  Took Reatta for top down ride Saturday and then the 57 for an Easter drive!

I've never seen the Reatta tail at night. Impressive!    ^_^   Hats off, thanks

- maybe this finally explains the quadruple Reatta threads as to ROA....

Edited by PWB (see edit history)
  • Like 1