JohnD1956

Raise your hand if you drove at least one old Buick this weekend

Nearly 300 miles to a chapter meeting (took the long way).

Killed lots of bugs.

A little rain, not so bad until smeared with bugs.

Vapor lock started when outside temperature was 65 degrees.

• Like 2

Fired up and drove the Chrysler and Olds today. About 10 feet back and forth in the garage. I'll get to the Buicks the next warmish day. Rain and snow mix here the next two days. You guys in Texas SUCK...........Bob

• Like 1

Bob,

Lots of room still available in Texas if you want to come join us!

John

Thanks for the offer. I used to get to Texas with some regularity. I liked it except for Houston in July/August. There was a rib place near the airport called Luther's. I used to volunteer for a trip just for the ribs. I think it's gone now. Too bad. Used to get a decent steak in Amarillo too.........Bob

Edited by Bhigdog (see edit history)

Vapor lock @ 65* ...  Willie???  Was that 65 C or 65 F?

65F.  Still have winter blend fuel (that we don't need) that boils at 100F and everything in front of the cowl is over 100F.

Probably not too exciting to al'l ya'all, but had a blast taking the GS for a 30 mile spin today.  What a winter we have had in my area. Normally by now we should have had 60 inches of snow, but so far we have had only 10.25 or thereabouts.  Headed out to grill some Italian sausages for dinner in a few minutes.  YAHoo!!! Then we await March!!!

BTW, does anyone here go to the Run To the Sun event in Myrtle Beach?

• Like 1

I have friends who go to that at Myrtle Beach, but I have never been. I am about an hour north of there.

Thanks for the offer. I used to get to Texas with some regularity. I liked it except for Houston in July/August. There was a rib place near the airport called Luther's. I used to volunteer for a trip just for the ribs. I think it's gone now. Too bad. Used to get a decent steak in Amarillo too.........Bob

Angelo's in Ft Worth is probably among the best in the area for ribs, brisket, etc.,

WE always went there during our annual Pate Swap Meet week, waaaay back when Pate was actually at Aggie Pate's ranch near Granbury - south of Ft Worth and Benbrook, down Highway 377.

My swap meet space was in front of the corral, and some of our sales (and purchases) got a horse laugh. Sometimes the stallion would get amorous, and always drew a crowd - helped my sales, too!

I have friends who go to that at Myrtle Beach, but I have never been. I am about an hour north of there.

I've made arrangements to go this year, so if your interested, please let me know if you decide to go, so I can try to meet up with you there.

That is St. Patrick's Day weekend and I am usually pretty busy with the Police Pipe and Drum band that weekend but if you are going to be coming through Wilmington on your way there or back, I would do my best to find a time that we could meet.

Nice and mild today, but still too much salt on the roads to take the car out today. I envy you guys!

Keith

I don't know if this counts, but I drove one of my newer Buicks this weekend-- my 1972 Electra 225 Custom #8439 4-door hardtop.  But then again, this is the newest Buick that I own, and it is my everyday car, summer and winter.  In Alaska where I live, the roads are messy and icy this time of year, but my Electra handles very well in any type of road condition. 

Buicks were built to be driven!

Gary Klecka, BCA #1955

• Like 4

I agree, Gary.  My daily driver was a 71 LeSabre for several years through the ice and snow. 

Took both the 47 Super and the 60 Electra out to see the wildflowers.

Bout 200 miles between the 2 of them.  Going to probably take the 60 for a ride again today.  

• Like 1

What a difference! New wide white Diamond Back II radials. Rides great, looks better!  This is Sam's driver, not a show car, so she opted for the radials.  They are smooth and quiet, and with the new alignment, we are sailing straight down the road, no pulling.  Nice day for a drive in a great old Buick.

HuntzNSam

post-154922-0-27701700-1457295340_thumb.

post-154922-0-31315900-1457295342_thumb.

post-154922-0-57587100-1457295346_thumb.

• Like 2

I have the same tires on two of mine, and I love them too. My cars are drivers as well, and the smooth ride and good handling had me sold on them right away.

Keith

40 miles yesterday in the 56.  It was 81* in Schenectady, in March!  Smashed all weather records. But I hope all our Texas and Louisiana members are okay. 

It isn't driving weather here yet, but the '29 was running on Monday for the first time while under my stewardship and the watchful eye of an old time engine builder.

Our Texas Region AACA club had our Spring Tune-Up Tour on Saturday, so logged about 100 miles through the horse farm country of North Texas. Toured a Tulip Farm and a Reining Horse training and breeding farm, so it was a full day. We had 20 club members on the tour and encountered some light mist and rain getting to the starting point, but it cleared off and turned into a great day.

Edited by J. Velde (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Took the Electra for a long ride today before taking it to get new seats and headliners.

Had to check out the repair on the clock.

Temps about 70.

• Like 1

Ben, Great to meet you today and see the '50 in person - what a neat car!  Hope we run into each other at more events.

John

• Like 2

Well I finally can post on this thread again. As is fitting for the first day of Spring, I took the '41 Roadmaster out to a McLaughlin Buick Club meeting today. Very chilly here, but sunny, and lots of rain a few days ago, so the salt is all down in the lake. A gentleman that I talked to before was there, but had not seen the car till today, and his father owned my car for a few years in the early 70's. It brought back a lot of remembrances, as he has fond memories of riding in the back seat. He hadn't seen the car since his Dad had to sell it in 1973. I had talked to his Dad during some research I did on its' history a few years ago, and he was very excited to hear that I was restoring it, as he really enjoyed the car, and only sold it because of financial reasons.

Sadly he passed away a couple of years before I got it on the road again.

Keith

Edited by Buicknutty (see edit history)
  • Like 1