JohnD1956

Raise your hand if you drove at least one old Buick this weekend

Finally got out of the drive way for some test and tune in the 55. Got it dialed in as far as I can can go with sloppy worn old carter.

We took the '69 Electra to a few stops, visited friends, and drove home, about 150 miles round trip. That makes over 300 miles that I've put on it since I bought it on Wed., last week.

Running great, lots of power on the highway, and the disc brakes give a lot of stopping power too.

I love all my Buick babies, but I could get spoiled by this car!

Keith

post-119367-0-19715900-1443404960_thumb.post-119367-0-69414000-1443404982_thumb.

Edited by Buicknutty (see edit history)

The Upstate NY Chapter held the annual Fall Tour this past Saturday.  Was a great time viewing three separate collections.  Was also a delicious lunch at Gibbys Diner in Duanesburg, NY, and a very satisfying 110 mile round trip in the GS.

• Like 3

Saturday was the film premiere, so I had the '41 out and drove home in the dark. It was a great time.

• Like 1

It's dreary, rainy evening here in Toronto, after raining all day too. Now it is just enough rain to keep everything wet, but our Club were due to present a cheque to someone who represents a charity that we raised money for during the summer, so I duly took the Electra out and low and behold, the person had left early! So, all that hanging around in the rain for nothing. Anyway, the Electra ran great, the auto climate warmed the interior up nicely and then turned down to maintain temp. The posi with the new tires bit into the wet pavement and it accelerated almost as well as my AWD.

Keep dry my friends.

Keith

• Like 1

Very nice weather here in this part of Europe so felayed hibernation for another week orso for the 73 Riviera: 20151001_123948_zpsk5tzuqfh.jpg

• Like 1

Yesterday was the last night for one of the local cruise-ins that I go to. Very chilly, with a stiff cold breeze, but dry, and 117 cars attended, one of the best turn outs of the season.

I had the '69 Electra there, and it garnered more attention than it did last week, which was its' debut.

Keith

Edited by Buicknutty (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Saturday we took the '39 to a charity car show about 20 miles away - won a top 10 trophy and enjoyed the beautiful Fall day. Temps were in the mid 70's by the time we got home. We were the only Buick there, and for sure the only straight eight. Had lots of people ask about the ignition lever and the turn signal lever on the shift lever. Most were amazed that there was a locking steering wheel in '39.

Edited by J. Velde (see edit history)

Got the 56 out for a short ride and snapped my first 2015 Fall pictures.  Just love this time of year!

• Like 1

Our local club was invited to a private GE airshow today at Red Stewart Airfield in Waynesville, Oh. 3 of us made it out in 4 cars.

Good food, free beer, old cars and upside down airplanes!  It doesn't get much better than that!

First, the '59 pre-flight, then some airfield photos. Then, my phone died...so I don't have any of the acrobatic flight maneuvers, but I should have some from my son later.

There was a Studebaker wagon with a retractable rear roof, a beautiful Hupmobile, a Rolls Royce, a '38? Special, a very nice Model T and many more in attendance.

post-85773-0-99003800-1444004559_thumb.jpost-85773-0-99584300-1444004574_thumb.jpost-85773-0-96329500-1444004591_thumb.jpost-85773-0-93551400-1444004607_thumb.jpost-85773-0-01381400-1444004616_thumb.jpost-85773-0-73040200-1444004622_thumb.jpost-85773-0-78167900-1444004978_thumb.j

• Like 2

Was out camping with the VW camper and also took the '15 truck.  Was giving rides most of Saturday when it was not raining.

I've had the Electra out the last two nights. Last night was a short errand, only about 12-15 miles to pick some one up and drop them off, but tonight I drove out the a nearby town, about 50-60 miles round trip to pick a few things up.

I'm running some rad cleaner through it and needed to drive for a while to get the rust and other crud loosened up. It seems as though the cooling system has not seen any attention in many years.

Hopefully all will be well, and my heater core and rad don't start to look like sieves.

Keith

All right, Brian. Three of you in four cars?

Neat cars and old plane.

Ben

Well, The wife and I drove separate classics, but I consider us 1 attendee. :)

• Like 1

It was a dreary, foggy/misty Saturday here, but I drove the '41 to a vintage rock and roll show I was playing in and parked it right out in front.  We filled the house, and I like to think that it was all 'cause of the car!  There are a few more events coming up I hope to bring it to if the weather holds out.

Edited by Eight In A Row (see edit history)

I've had the Electra out Sat and today, Sun, for a short cruise just out of the city to see a bit of fall colour, about 50-60 miles all told. So far she is running well, we have a tour to do next weekend, and I'm planning to drive it on that one.

Now I have to help my wife cook the turkey!

Keith

• Like 1

I had the 47 out for a spin in the country.  I had just replaced the stabilizer grommets in the suspension, wow what a difference.  Sure was a jog to the memories of the 50's and cruises in the country.

Edited by Straight eight (see edit history)
  • Like 1

240 miles in the Queen, attending the Lower Hudson Valley, NY Chapter show/picnic.  It was a beautiful day, if not a bit cool.  Also it was the rain date, so besides Hershey, several other local events impacted general attendance.  Still, a lot of beautiful Buicks, and a bunch of excellent folks and friends.   The topper was John and Bea Scheib attended.  Always great to see them.  

• Like 3

Nice group of cars John!

I especially like the '58 Roady!