JohnD1956

Raise your hand if you drove at least one old Buick this weekend

Posted (edited)

I'm borrowing this photo from @Paul White of his car at sunset to let anyone know that there will be some great sunrises and sunsets in the Southeast and Midwest this week because of the Sarah Sand that's in the atmosphere. The suspended sand particles will cause the light to be refracted at different angles causing some beautiful lighting. Might be a good time to get out and take some pictures of your favorite subject - you make the choice - the wife or the car. 

1443282031_Electracruise6-24-20200005.thumb.JPG.adfdd2fc1c581e114ca7ad0e4490b428.jpeg.8dcefc2ba66030cb233f8445e6cfd001.jpeg

Here's  a picture of the sunset taken in Texas yesterday.

anne-morley.thumb.jpg.14c07a3e8b0f29722bf6b8d462e82145.jpg

Edited by RivNut (see edit history)
  • Like 4

Benefits of AACA Membership.

Have put over 1600 miles on ny 47 this year.  Only working half days and no weekends, so have had plenty of time to get out and drive.   Have also put 500 miles on my 77’ vette and have temporarily acquired two other vehicles.  Literally barn finds.  A 84’ vette and a 27 Chevy. Both off the road for 20+ years.  More on those later.

02746061-4FAB-47C8-B64B-8B3AEE584846.jpeg

B75A4026-A8AD-4951-A94E-901239A3235E.jpeg

8BF97DF7-AF5D-4F58-AD16-E805CC442319.jpeg

• Like 5

Nice to hear that, Matt! Nice looking acquisitions too. 

Keith

I've put 100 miles or so on the Reatta, this week, just to keep everything limber, and was running a flushing compound through the cooling system as well.

We have a car club exec meeting on Sunday, and I'm planning to drive the Reatta, and it will be something like 200+ mile round trip. The restrictions have been loosened a bit, so we can meet with up to ten people, so now we can have a face to face meeting for the first time in months.

I'll try to remember to take some pictures to post here!

Keith

• Like 3

Errands complete!

20200623_184517.jpg

• Like 7

Put the top down on my 68 this weekend and took some pics.

IMG_1266a.JPG

IMG_1263a.JPG

IMG_1259a.JPG

dr side.JPG

• Like 6

Yesterday was a normal beer run and hardware store stop.  We were cloudy but showing no rain so off I go in the freshly washed and waxed 49 Roadmaster. Get to the store and go in and 3 minutes later this couple comes in soaking wet. WTH?  Yep, pop up down burst but of the worst kid. Just enough to drop the Afrikan dust  combined with west Texas red silt onto the car in the way of mud.  But I have to say Turtle wax Ice is some great stuff.  Got up to 55 and the majority of it just blew off !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Lovely Wildcat! Hope ours will look as good some day. Is that an original colour combo on it? I have never seen one in those colours before.

Keith

• Like 1

Yesterday, Sunday we drove the Reatta to a Club meeting, social distancing too, and all that. But it was so nice to get out for a real drive! Nearly 250 miles round trip.

Then tonight I took the '41 for a nice cruise, mainly to give it some exercise, as I haven't driven it for a couple of weeks. Not so much mileage, about 25 miles on it.

Keith

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Buicknutty said:

Lovely Wildcat! Hope ours will look as good some day. Is that an original colour combo on it? I have never seen one in those colours before.

Keith

Originally Artic White with Red interior, previous owner repainted it in 2009.  He also had a Bamboo Cream 1970 GS that he bought new, so he painted this a similar color.  Quality repaint, I haven't found any white anywhere. 

• Like 1

I took the '13 Buick out for a drive today and introduced him to his little brother that I just picked up in New Hampshire last weekend.  It is a 1912 Model T.  Had them both out driving around the neighborhood and area.

IMG_20200630_104138220_HDR.jpg

IMG_20200630_104152970_HDR.jpg

• Like 8

Congratulations on the Ford. I see what you mean by the front springs and spring perches needing attention. The "T" does look a little down in the mouth.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

did last weekend heard noise in engine they found nothing decided to get air fixed to drive to Concord next year cool 85 degrees there

103_1488.JPG

Edited by Buick Regal GS
add (see edit history)
  • Like 3

Drove the 47’ 80+ miles this afternoon. Hit a rain shower and put the top up and drove in the rain for 15 miles. Stopped raining and ran 41 miles back home. Put top back up, washed car and put away in the garage.  

So FUN to drive a Buick!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
On 6/30/2020 at 11:35 AM, cjp69 said:

Originally Artic White with Red interior, previous owner repainted it in 2009.  He also had a Bamboo Cream 1970 GS that he bought new, so he painted this a similar color.  Quality repaint, I haven't found any white anywhere. 

Interesting, it looks good in the colours it wears now. My wife's was originally a triple white car, but was painted dark blue, then bright red, which is what it is wearing now. Though none of the work done on it was of particularly high quality, seems to be a low end professional job.

It will be blue with a white top and interior when it's done.

Keith

Edited by Buicknutty (see edit history)
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Buicknutty said:

it looks good in the colours it wears now.

I concur!  I could also picture it with a black top and redline tires...  ;)

• Like 1

We have a cruise-in at our shop every Friday evening and with great weather tonight (a little hot at 90 degrees) my friend Phil Tobin showed up with his 1941 Limited Model 91 6-passenger touring sedan. It was a rare opportunity to get the two of them together so of course I snapped some photos. People at the cruise were quick to spot the differences--mine with a divider window and jump seats, while Phil's is, well, a lot nicer (Doug Seybold restoration). Note that Phil's wheels are kind of odd--red outer rims but black centers. I don't think it's correct, but he insists that's how it was delivered. Well OK. I think it looks odd, and even though I'm a fan of red wheels I think the Limited should have black wheels--red is too flashy.

Neat to see them both together and I was pleased to see how much attention both cars garnered from people who don't see stock pre-war cars all that often. Nice turn-out at the cruise tonight, too; maybe 70 cars or so. Everyone is happy to have someplace to go for a change, I think.

7-3-20-1.thumb.jpg.f506c96568c0b1fe000e106703dcf430.jpg

7-3-20-2.thumb.jpg.e0f822807b9968f9ebbd153287c3822a.jpg

7-3-20-3.thumb.jpg.090e14e10c10029db70ddd9dc7f68dc3.jpg

7-3-20-4.thumb.jpg.4f8be229871f4841bf35b2daab2db292.jpg

7-3-20-5.thumb.jpg.07d15e26683751d0d1f43b541ce3645b.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

I just did the wheels on my 39 Chrysler as they came.  Red just seems to announce "I am here !"  Of course the rest of the car says "I have been here for 80 years"

20200703_143552.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Matt, how does the ride quality of your friend's Limited compare with the ride quality of your Limited? (You were addressing the topic of ride quality recently in a separate discussion.)

Out for a spin on a slightly hazy 4th of July.

4th_July.thumb.jpg.f5e10b52a1ca00ee0924df9e5f4d8f62.jpg

• Like 3

While the "official" local cars and coffee was cancelled, just as last month, a fairly large contingent showed up anyway. I took my 1938 Century to the unofficial cars and coffee this morning. 

DSC_0185.JPG

• Like 7