Raise your hand if you drove at least one old Buick this weekend

JohnD1956

Yup, and finally though I have a long way to go to wrap up details and get an interior.  I might have overposted this topic, but I'm super excited by the progress.

IMG_3332.jpg

IMG_0070.jpg

IMG_0076.jpg

• Like 7

Drove this 32 a bit last weekend………

IMG_5454.jpeg

IMG_5455.jpeg

• Like 13

Short drive for groceries today. Difficult drive 3 weeks out from rotator cuff surgery but at least it is an automatic. Coming home stopped for a light and it felt like I dropped a cylinder with a bad miss. I mean really bad.  At 50 - 55 MPH though never skipped a beat.  Only at idle. Let her cool down and pulled the plugs and all looked fine. All looked the same. Maybe a hair lean if anything. Tossed in a can of Berrymans with a full tank of E-free gas. Let the sorting begin. First ignition issue since I swapped over to Petronix in 2019.

20200920_112931.jpg

20201205_121535.jpg

• Like 5

14 hours ago, Brooklyn Beer said:

Let the sorting begin.

If this was the first drive after sitting for a prolonged period, maybe a sticky valve or two?  Did you hear any unusual 'ticking' while it was misbehaving?  I'd add some Rislone and drive another 100 miles before panicking...

• Like 3

Well, ended up the week on the tour driving 450 miles for the week.

Also that was with ZERO issues.  Purred along at about 30-35MPH, except when going down hills and sometimes hit about 40 but that was OK in preparation for going up the side of the next hill.

Edited by Larry Schramm (see edit history)
  • Like 4

I had to scroll back to February 10th on this topic to figure out the last time I had my Buick out on a weekend.

Really wanted to get the '60 Electra out for coffee this morning but it was 37 degrees out and still pretty wet from the rain. I am really getting tried of the cold and the rain.

Maybe

image.jpeg.4b859419895fa77bbcddbb55ecb18d17.jpeg

• Haha 3