Raise your hand if you drove at least one old Buick this weekend

JohnD1956

The Minuteman Chapter of the BCA met up with a mixture of other car clubs for the "Chicken Run" at Wrights Farm in Burrillville, RI.

We took the 1941 Special, model 41. Great food and company, not to mention some nice cars too! Great day!

IMG_0193.jpeg

IMG_0184.jpeg

IMG_0194.jpeg

IMG_0183.jpeg

IMG_0195.jpeg

Edited by Den41Buick
Pics (see edit history)
  • Like 12

• 2 weeks later...

Stopped raining for a few hours today the sun was even out. Ran a few errands in the Buick while in town went to the post office a couple of ladies in the parking lot asked if this was a Cadillac. l had to explain it’s a Buick. They were amazed it is 70 years old and it was still running and driving. 

Headed home at dusk the 53 at road speed all gauges reporting normal.  l need to install a dyna light so I can see the shifter in the dark
Steve

IMG_0318.jpeg

• Like 12

Took the 34 on its first official car event today. 100 trouble free miles. Three hundred in the past week. It was accepted to a major show soon for the barn find class………

IMG_4063.jpeg

• Like 11

John 

Rare this time of year that  the rain stopped and the sun came out. It has been raining cats and dogs. I wish I was on my game With the Women at the post office when they asked if it was a Cadillac. I should have said B is before C so Buick will always trump a Caddy. 

Steve 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, 195354 said:

John 

Rare this time of year that  the rain stopped and the sun came out. It has been raining cats and dogs. I wish I was on my game With the Women at the post office when they asked if it was a Cadillac. I should have said B is before C so Buick will always trump a Caddy. 

Steve 

I tell them it makes a Cadillac jealous.😁

Ben 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, 195354 said:

John 

Steve 

Or, it was named a "Buick" because calling it what it is, "Better", sounded too showy!  😄

• Like 1

Drove the mighty Buick  this weekend easier to get around than my Ram pickup with a long box. 

Xmas shopping at JC Penny then to a Grocery story then a hardware store. I would get something done on my other projects if I stopped running around.

I should have noted the miles before I started driving the Buick this summer. Not a lot of miles but more than I thought I would accumulate. If my math is correct about 2K since July this  year. 

Steve 

IMG_0372.jpeg

IMG_0369.jpeg

• Like 9

7 hours ago, 195354 said:

Drove the mighty Buick  this weekend easier to get around than my Ram pickup with a long box. 

Xmas shopping at JC Penny then to a Grocery story then a hardware store. I would get something done on my other projects if I stopped running around.

I should have noted the miles before I started driving the Buick this summer. Not a lot of miles but more than I thought I would accumulate. If my math is correct about 2K since July this  year. 

Steve 

IMG_0372.jpeg

IMG_0369.jpeg

Beautiful Roadmaster

Ben

I headed downtown on Saturday to finalize some Christmas shopping for my wife.  The weather was dry, and I had not driven the '59 Electra for a couple of months, so my errands provided a great excuse to exercise the Buick.

The '59 Buick is a remarkably smooth and silky runner, and I marveled again at the seamless performance of the Triple Turbine (Flight Pitch) transmission.  KIXI AM 880 from Seattle crackled to life on the Buick's Sonomatic radio, providing the perfect soundtrack of vintage Christmas tunes.  Check out the old Andy Williams Christmas albums if you're looking for some great recordings with a bit of nostalgia.

I've often remarked to my wife that driving the '59 Buick is invariably therapeutic.  I'll be retiring at the end of the month, and the entire transition process at the office has been more than a little stressful.  The Buick has a great way of helping me escape the worries for a period of time, transporting me to a different, simpler time.

I parked downtown, and grabbed a sandwich and beverage, enjoying the comments and questions about the Buick.  All of us have observed how our old cars break down barriers, inviting conversations with complete strangers.  An older gentleman rode up on his electric bicycle, and he shared that a high school friend's father owned a Buick like mine.  Whenever it was his friend's turn to drive, he enjoyed the smooth, reassuring ride of the Buick.  As he walked completely around the car, I loved seeing him place his hand on every panel of the car, and thought that he might have been reminiscing about those long-vanished adventures with his high school buddies.

I didn't shoot any photos, but this image was shot by a stranger during another outing downtown during October. 

Like others of you, I often field the question:  "Is it a Cadillac?"  My response usually goes something like this:  "No, this is the higher quality car from General Motors." 

late to the party.jpg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Centurion said:

I'll be retiring at the end of the month, and the entire transition process at the office has been more than a little stressful.

Congratulations!  Regular seat-time in a classic Buick will ease the transition!  ;)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I was hoping to get the 1925 Master(Remley)on the road before snowfall here in South PA. We had a dusting overnight. Wow! He has been sitting nearly 5 years on the jack stands.

DSCF8203.JPG.e6dcde94088ce0262b7149ffd77240cf.JPGBut, yesterday I was able to get 3, 15 minute engine runs while dialing things in. Hopefully off the jack stands soon.

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...