Raise your hand if you drove at least one old Buick this weekend

JohnD1956

On 2/24/2022 at 12:48 AM, TxBuicks said:

Nice.  That hot rod looks interesting.  I bet the owner really enjoys having fun with it.

He was quite knowledgeable about the Nailhead and was aware they were used in traditional hot rods in the US and that’s what he wanted. His words “he didn’t want another 350 Chev with a 9” diff”. Enjoys showing it very much so as it always creates interest!

Rodney 😊😊😊😊😊😊

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, JohnD1956 said:

@parkertomWow, the only 4 dr amongst you?  I know this is a Buick forum but is that a 65 or 66 Dodge Convertible way in the background?  Would like to see a bit more of that vehicle if you have any pictures. 

Yes, I think it was the only 4 door there. I’ve gotten to where I don’t notice too much. Love them all.

I think you might be referring to the red 67 Dodge Coronet? That belongs to the host, his red 68 Charger as well.

9FD24513-3E1E-4BBB-8188-A810006AA70C.jpeg

D4C1AFAC-9DB5-429A-BE01-84457BDBD6BE.jpeg

• Like 1

alot of really nice cars 

I just cant get over the setup this person has for "his garage"

i thought Mr Earls was really cool

but for open space, not crowded, room to have a small car show

this sure looks pretty neat

just to make sure no one gets mad at me, Mr Earls has all the neat furniture and automobilia inside and out for the extra cool. lol

Marty

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, MRJBUICK said:

alot of really nice cars 

I just cant get over the setup this person has for "his garage"

i thought Mr Earls was really cool

but for open space, not crowded, room to have a small car show

this sure looks pretty neat

just to make sure no one gets mad at me, Mr Earls has all the neat furniture and automobilia inside and out for the extra cool. lol

Marty

Yeah, he’s got a good set up. Inside the main garage can accommodate 9 cars and has a lift setup. He’s also got that barn with a car in it and his two car attached on the house. Inside he’s got some various automobilia and a Gulf station facade and Bob’s from CA wall mural. 

I do agree about Mr. Earl’s set up. Much more interest and character.

• Thanks 1

Hi all,

With the cancelling of many events over the past 6 months of so, I am back with something to report and  a few photos of a recent pre-WWII (pre-1939) event in the southern suburbs of Sydney.  the event was well attended with a good range of cars, many T and A model Fords of course along with Dodges, Packards, Studebakers, Rolls Royce and of course a few Buicks a 28 Master Coupe, 29, Master Roadster, my 1936 Special and a 1940 Super (that managed to sneak in), it was a beautiful sunny Autumn day (28C/82F) and a great break from all the flooding rains we have had here in New South Wales over the past month or so. I had a 150 mile round trip to attend from my home on the Central Coast, which is located north of Sydney, filling up with petrol before leaving for the equivalent of $5.55 US per gallon for 91 octane. On the return trip I topped up at a whopping $6.44 US per gallon, not sure I can explain why it is more expensive in the country than near the oil distribution terminal in Botany Bay but there you have it. It wasn't an economical trip as you would imagine! Please enjoy the photos. Cheers Paul IMG_0533.jpg.29d56766e35f999721a96d24ae536f5b.jpg

Studebaker1.jpg

Studebaker2.jpg

MG.jpg

packard.jpg

Edited by Paul White (see edit history)
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 3/19/2022 at 6:12 PM, Buick Regal GS said:

Drove my 90 Regal GS  to the Buick dealership where i just retired from ,,took it out of storage yesterday and found oil leak hoping it not to serious just had a new block put in in 2019 on 5000 miles on engine

Good news got the 90 back today nothing major seem last oil change i had before storing the car some how something was picked up on the filter maybe dirt in the o-ring on filter it leaked at that spot when started up ,,,,,,,,,,whew 

• Like 1

Wrapped up the Spring dustoff. The 56 started right up and drove beautifully.  Stopped at a good friend's home to visit for a bit.

20220325_145459.jpg

And was surprised to see that I've put 100 miles on it since the last fillup which was the end of December. 

• Like 7

Took the Skylark out yesterday for its first ride of the year. I made a 90-minute round trip to a ham radio flea market. It was a bit chilly, but otherwise it was sunny and beautiful day overall. No photos because there was nothing to show besides a parking lot and a bunch of socially and hygienically challenged people 🤪.

Edited by Machine Gun (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Machine Gun said:

Took the Skylark out yesterday for its first ride of the year.  I made a 90-minute round trip...

Attaboy!  Now, that's the level of confidence I'm shooting for with my '38.  ;)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Machine Gun said:

Took the Skylark out yesterday for its first ride of the year. I made a 90-minute round trip to a ham radio flea market. It was a bit chilly, but otherwise it was sunny and beautiful day overall. No photos because there was nothing to show besides a parking lot and a bunch of socially and hygienically challenged people 🤪.

Pick up anything?  de KG8S.

Joyce and I took the 1913 on a tour last week in south Georgia with our #1 grandson.  We put on almost 250 miles for the short week. (we had hard thunderstorms on Thursday)  Great way to start the new summer out.  It was called The Cabin Fever Tour.

image000002 (55).jpg

image000000 - 2022-04-03T174015.935.jpg

We got a little bit fast going down a hill.  Usually we run at about 30-35 mph which is a "sweet spot" for touring.

image000000 - 2022-04-03T174043.436.jpg

Edited by Larry Schramm (see edit history)
  • Like 8

I drove my 1950 Roadmaster to work today. After 10 years of sitting by the previous owner, I finally have the Dynaflow acting properly, starting out in Drive as it should, and almost no fluid leaks anymore--what progress! In January, when I bought the car back from the guy who let it sit, I was sure I was facing a costly Dynaflow rebuild, but B-12 ChemTool and weekly drives have softened up the seals and the car drives properly now--hooray! Just turned 75,000 miles. I've even got all of the hydraulic power windows working properly once again.

Pete Phillips, BCA #7338

Leonard, Texas

IMG_1997.JPG

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Took the Reatta out of its storage igloo Monday (April 4, 2022) for its yearly MA auto safety inspection (no emissions test needed; car is too old).  No pictures as I think you folks looking at a Reatta in an igloo would be quite boring.  I ended up returning it to its igloo and recovering it today due to rain expected Wednesday thru Friday....I know the car gets spoiled by me.

• Like 5

nite moves yesterday

20220405_195356 (2).jpg

On my daily drivers I try to fill up when I think it will cost around $20.00.  This obscures the actual cost of using those cars. 😜

But I had to fill this one and it was a bit depressing to see the almost $59.00 rack up on the pump. 😵  It did not help any that I fill it slowly, to try and avoid the gas burping out of the filler neck while fueling, and I had to just keep watching those dials spin around and around.😲..wondering if it would ever stop.   But as soon as I paid, and restarted it, all those bad feelings dispersed.   This car is a miracle worker for me!  😄

• Like 10
  • Haha 1