Raise your hand if you drove at least one old Buick this weekend

JohnD1956

Our Chapter participated with the Caddy Club in a "Lawn Show" at the Saratoga Auto Museum, in Saratoga Springs NY.  Just a 28 mile round trip but it was a nice time made a bit better because my son Justin @Jstbcausd93joined me while he was in town to celebrate Linda's Birthday.

6-5-2021 Buick caddy lawn show0001.JPG

Even though I was a bit late, I got the first parking spot. 

6-5-2021 Buick caddy lawn show0004.JPG

Lots of nice cars.  

6-5-2021 Buick caddy lawn show0006.JPG

And proportionally, a bunch of 40's/50's cars too. 

6-5-2021 Buick caddy lawn show0005.JPG

6-5-2021 Buick caddy lawn show0008.JPG

And then this 57 Caddy shows up.  Appeared to be pretty much fresh out of the barn.  

6-5-2021 Buick caddy lawn show0003.JPG

It was an honest car, and mostly original.

6-5-2021 Buick caddy lawn show0002.JPG

But what was kinda amazing was the passenger who was set up between the dual hood ornaments

6-5-2021 Buick caddy lawn show0009.JPG

I did think that was pushing the barn find story just a little bit but maybe it kept people from asking to see the possible LS conversion under the hood?  lol...

6-5-2021 Buick caddy lawn show0007.JPG

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Buicknutty said:

Great show, John. That's a neat spot and we visited it a few years ago when we were there for a show. Also wish Linda a Happy Birthday from us.

Keith

I don't know if you'd care for their current display Keith.  About 12 Porsches on the main floor, which, while very nice looking cars, kinda all looked alike to me.  😃  Meanwhile, Linda said Thanks for the Birthday Wishes!

• Like 1

We are out on our third tour this summer so far.  The first with one of the Buick's.  Had the Model T out a couple of weeks ago and the Camaro out a couple of months ago.  This tour is in Troy, Oh and it has been raining on and off every day.  We have a current 70% chance for rain tomorrow.  Oh well, it is only water.  We expect to put on close to 400 miles this week.

image000000 (1).jpg

image000001.jpg

image000000.jpg

Edited by Larry Schramm (see edit history)
  • Like 6

Yesterday being a fairly hot one, mid 80's F I took the Electra out for a drive along the highway to see how it was cooling with the extra capacity rad I had made for it over the winter. So it seems to be better, but I'm still not entirely sure it is really cooling as well as it should.

Now it has a four core high density core and a 165 F themostat, and it ran 190-200 in hard high speed driving without AC on.

Which brings me to the next things about the Electra. Tomorrow it goes to the shop for a new AC compressor to be installed. So cold air will soon to be had!

I hope, anyway.

• Like 3

Purchased a left rear shock from someone on the Forum, which arrived yesterday. Installed today and drove about 10 miles to check it out and stopped for gas while out. No photo of today, but here is one of it in the garage. 13AD6468-4D2A-4D4C-BC34-38556AB2BD2A.jpeg.0fc8e120d348634a3be2278f08a85d90.jpeg

• Like 5

Here are some more pictures of our tour this week in the Troy, Ohio area.  Everyone had a good time and we only had two vehicles with mechanical problems.  It was a great tour, rain and all.  We drove over 300 miles on this tour.

image000000 (80).jpg

image000001 (29).jpg

image000000 (79).jpg

On this stop, my friend Jim from Cincinnati and I took a ride in the biplane.  Great fun.  First for both of us.  This was one of the scheduled activities on the tour. (extra cost activity but worth every penny!)

Edited by Larry Schramm (see edit history)
  • Like 7

Another Coffee n Cars in Victor Harbor today. Very well attended and attracted lots of interest from the local townsfolk as well many holiday makers enjoying an exceptional sunny winters day.

Often a long weekend attracts the rain so that hoards of caravaners and campers end up leaving wet and soggy, however that does not appear to be the case for this weekend. But there is always tomorrow 😀😀

At the beginning, apart from an early ‘30s Packard, it was starting to look like it was an “All Ford Day” with several new and classic Mustangs and a few Falcons.  Eventually a Corvette, Camaro, Pontiac Transam and a Cadillac as well as a handful of early Holden’s evened out the balance.

The only other Buick owner there had a Ferrari, so go figure 🤔🤔🤔

We then did a short town cruise ending up at a local seaside reserve with just enough parking space for the cars that joined in.

Great morning, great cars, great atmosphere!

Rodney 😀😀😀😀😀😀😀

89C90C18-E801-4283-81B4-3020D417A271.jpeg

CD709B5F-5530-408C-99DA-0AB9921690D8.jpeg

• Like 4

After a bunch of work on this and that Sat afternoon I took the 41 Roadmaster for a short drive, only a bit over 15 miles. But it was a lovely afternoon for a cruise. 

I stopped beside some old style tobacco curing kilns for a quick picture. Most of these have been replaced with newer types but these ones still look to be in use. 

KeithIMG_20210612_1728298.jpg.db0f7529d2b8add787cab367338bee41.jpg

Edited by Buicknutty (see edit history)
  • Like 8

8 minutes ago, Buicknutty said:

After a bunch of work on this and that Sat afternoon I took the 41 Roaster for a short drive, only a bit over 15 miles. But it was a lovely afternoon for a cruise. 

I stopped beside some old style tobacco curing kilns for a quick picture. Most of these have been replaced with newer types but these ones still look to be in use. 

Dam she is one nice looking vehicle Keith! 😊 

• Like 1

A hot and sunny weekend in Alberta (which is code for: this could be all the summer we get, so go start the car now), and a lot of oldies spotted on the road. 

Did my part to help the economic recovery and filled the tank up. 

BDCCFF3C-CFB0-4C5B-8911-3777D83F65E6.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Was on a mission today when I came across this place:

20210616_142249~2.jpg

This is one of the many large estates built for executives in the early years of General Electric.  Back then the company held a large tract of land in Schenectady and built mansions for the highest level execs. Today most are in private hands and a bunch, including this one I believe, have been purchased by Union College which is across the street.  I believe this is now a frat house. 

At any rate, being impressed with the flowers along the wall the opportunity presented itself for a few more pictures in the evening. 

20210616_192955~2.jpg

20210616_193056~2.jpg

20210616_193110~2.jpg

Only about 15 miles but the Super is running exactly like its model name. 

• Like 11
  • Haha 1

We took the 1913 Buick out for both Saturday  & Sunday for the Sloan Museum Summer Fair and car show.  Drove around Flint for a while and put about 50-60 miles on Sunday.  Here is a picture of driving on Saginaw Street in Flint going north.  It was a perfect +- 70 degree day.  Great time for all that came out for the day and the summer fair.

image000000 (82).jpg

• Like 6

Even though my wife and I weren't able to get to the Mason-Dixon show as planned Saturday, weather reports were not favorable for the drive. I was able to go to a charity Father's day car show about 3 miles from my house at the Seaford train station. Great show hundreds of cars, my pace car and a few interesting ones below.

20210620_103703.jpg

20210620_114510.jpg

20210620_114917.jpg

20210620_120204.jpg

• Like 6

This was a good day, a nice time with my kids, and I had the '16 McLaughlin out for the first time in over a year and a half today. Just a short drive in that car, about 12-13 miles, and I even remembered how to shift it! Other than the water pump packings leaking a bit it ran great. I should add that it has been running, I just haven't had it out on the road.

A picture of me, my daughter and son in the '16.

Then after supper I took the 41 Roadmaster out for a longer drive, about 25 miles or so. I had been looking for an interesting old bridge a discovered by chance some time ago, but had not found recently till I asked a friend who lived in the town. However it wasn't as cool looking as I remembered, but here's a quick picture of it.

Keith

Buick16Picard.jpg

Buick16Mileage.jpg

Buick41Bridge.jpg

• Like 10