JohnD1956

Raise your hand if you drove at least one old Buick this weekend

12 hours ago, Mudbone said:

They announced the Directors Choice award and called my name!

Good showing!  I keep telling you that is a very nice car!!

Peak and Peak fall fest,Clymer Ny.nice ride on a crisp autumn ? day. Packed in like sardines there was so many cars.

BA7A7850-A9A4-49EA-A163-C01228B92415.jpeg

• Like 6

Same old Sunday ride over to the next county for lunch among the Medina sandstone buildings.

005.thumb.JPG.c5325bab1974e44969557322d5f79cdb.JPG

Then down into the gully to see how the leaves are doing.

006.thumb.JPG.76624ef30a9263e92f4f438706120c74.JPG

And the water fall, Holley Falls.

009.thumb.JPG.901d403668abe6f6c17ed55bec4e6490.JPG

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I did drive a Buick......but took a group of ladies from one of my wifes club to see some old cars.

These belong to a local car dealer....

DSCN0562.JPG

DSCN0579.JPG

DSCN0581.JPG

• Like 5

A week ago last Sunday, took the Roadmistress to a friend's gathering at her family's 1790 Century Farm, "Boxwood Manor" in Sandy Springs, SC.

932747072_Manor1XT.thumb.jpg.071f4b2f43a7da30f12f394d31755e06.jpg

They have an annual Fall Festival, with food, music, artisans' works and other vendors, plus a small car show.

823135916_Jackos4XT.thumb.jpg.62a51c2271b511b438de9f0f87e4099a.jpg

Her son makes the coolest jack o'lanterns from old oil, gas and watering cans.

1258804890_Jackos2aXT.thumb.jpg.bcc6be88666db1e7ff96e58d0bf27985.jpg

Just in time for Halloween, I couldn't resist getting a couple!

TG

Edited by TG57Roadmaster (see edit history)
  • Like 6

44166599_10157777000850830_6772685430291

Look at all these people that don't know how to park on a hill!

Edited by Beemon (see edit history)
  • Like 5
  • Haha 2

I see that so often that the ones that park properly are the odd car. I would think that the park position is usually so reliable these days that everyone forgets to do it right.

Keith

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Buicknutty said:

I see that so often that the ones that park properly are the odd car. I would think that the park position is usually so reliable these days that everyone forgets to do it right.

Keith

I'm pretty sure this is what happens when parents buy their kids a car and send them 5 hours away to school. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Another rainy Buick Adventure. We took One Bid on Autumn Drive in Woodstock IL. Arts, crafts antiques and FOOD!

• Like 4

180 mile round trip in our 1937 Special to the Rockville MD fall car show. Great variety of cars and all the Marques are clustered. We had 10 Buicks in our group.

DSCF7130.thumb.JPG.ed871a8580ed0aecfccac2bd5f27ff01.JPG

DSCF7131.thumb.JPG.910cc339a72acd56892d8b71d850b1d9.JPG

DSCF7138.thumb.JPG.deccea0458699ca31f0d0511771306f6.JPG

• Like 7

I had been meaning to do this with my Riviera, but my Wife's back can't handle the Riviera any more.

Here is a picture of my '60 parked in the exact spot my Riviera was sitting for sale when I bought it 40 years ago. It is backed up to the gully in Holley, New York that necessitated creation of "The Holley Loop" when the Erie Canal was dug in 1820. In 1978 it was the site of Dick Harris' Texaco station and used car lot. Although the Riviera was Dick's personal toy at the time he had just sprayed a fresh coat of bright red on a '66 Cadillac convertible "for his wife". I told him if he sold me the Riviera, at least he would see it around the area. Dick's gone, the car and I are still around.

005.thumb.JPG.1f050ddf09d335ed2bf930c0d129508d.JPG

• Like 5

1 hour ago, 60FlatTop said:

exact spot my Riviera was sitting for sale

No way I would go back the the neighborhoods in San Antonio that I bough a couple of mine 30 and 40 years ago!

• Haha 1

The home of the gentleman from whom I bought my 63 Riviera is now about where turn number one is on the Kansas Speedway.

6c5202823d2ef179ff34622326fd0ff6.jpg.063a2512dc360c15138eb17e8797ed2b.jpg

Edited by RivNut (see edit history)
  • Like 1

A while back a customer was leaving my friend's shop in a standard shift Proper Motor Car. As he turned the first corner he slowed the car fiddling with the shifter. One of the local working girls promptly hopped onto his running board thinking he had slowed for services. That kind of neighborhood? One must be diverse, musn't one?

The only danger where I took the picture today is clogging the arteries from pizza at the newly build convenient store....... which I have risked.

Drove the Yellow '73 Sun Coupe a bit last week at the AACA Hershey Meet. It was great to see some BCA'ers and lots of Buick's. Took the Gold '73 4 speed out this weekend and drove it to the shop, (about 18  miles) cleaned it up and loaded it on the trailer today. We leave to Bowling Green, Kentucky Tuesday for the GSCA Nationals next weekend. ?

IMG_4917.JPG

IMG_4933.JPG

• Like 3

Today was the last tour of the year, and it sure felt cold! Only a few degrees above the freezing point, with a still breeze bringing the wind chill to well into the 20's F. We drove the Electra about 90 miles through some interesting country, and visited an oil and drilling museum. I have no idea that there was so much natural gas in Southern Ontario. About 50,000 wells have been drilled over the last 120 years, though most have been plugged now. Many old drilling rigs were on display, with a lot of the related machinery as well.

One very old drilling rig used what looks to me like an old Chev or maybe GMC engine to power it. It has obviously sitting outdoors for many decades, as the manifold has rusted out.

Can anyone shed light any more light on what it is?

A Desoto Airflow was also on the tour, nicely done, but modified with modern running gear and wheels.

Keith

ElectraTour1.jpg

AitflowTour2.jpg

EngineTour3.jpg

EngineTour4.jpg

Edited by Buicknutty (see edit history)
  • Like 3

Drove my daughter and a couple of her friends to her high school homecoming dance last weekend in the 55 Century.

IMG_8984.JPG

• Like 14

Never had this experience  until this evening: I was driving my 1970 stick shift Wildcat on U.S. Hwy. 75 in Sherman, Texas after dark, when an old 1980s, souped-up pickup truck in primer with loud exhaust pulls up beside me as we are both doing about 55-60 mph. I could not tell what brand, what year, or see the driver due to the darkness, but he stays right even with me and starts revving up his loud engine, pushing in the clutch and acting like he wants to drag race. Okay, it's a clear night, no traffic in front of either of us, and I"ve just filled up with 93-octane fuel, so I take him up on his invitation. The Wildcat jumps out ahead of him and stays 1-2 car lengths ahead from 55 to 90 mph. Mind you, I've got single exhaust, quiet muffler, and totally stock 455. Between 90 and 100 mph he pulls up even with me and by now, I am approaching a car in front of me as well as my exit, so I back off and he pulls ahead and probably congratulates himself. But I'll bet he was surprised when the old red Wildcat  4-dr. jumped out ahead of him for the first half mile or so.

"Buick Nutty", that looks like a Chevy 216 to me, with the one-piece side cover that extends up over and above the spark plug holes.

Pete Phillips, BCA# 7338

Leonard, Texas

IMG_0185.JPG

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

@Pete Phillips Nice! Looks like you may have been slightly influenced by the time @ lebanon valley?  Great story with one question. Did you down shift to start? Or just put your foot into it?