Raise your hand if you drove at least one old Buick this weekend

JohnD1956

Guest my3buicks

I sold the Driftwood Reatta and drove it out to South Bend Indiana yesterday (365 miles) Such a nice driving and running car it is.

We drove the 1937 Roadmaster Phaeton just a bit on Friday - not nearly enough to be the fun we really wanted, but managed to take it across town from one storage to another.

And we've been waiting years for you , and everyone else who drives their Buicks, to join in too. Damn glad you made it here Will! Now how about dem dare pictures as proof? ;)

I finally drove my '53 Super 56R two door yesterday for the first time all over town! I've been waiting years to post in this thread, lol!

Why a Fitty tree? You in Athens yo best better have a Fity fo.... You nearly Mr. Earls kin folk. ;) Dandy Dave!

Why a Fitty tree? You in Athens yo best better have a Fity fo.... You nearly Mr. Earls kin folk. ;) Dandy Dave!

I'm know, once I'm "done" with Naomi I'm going to be hunting for a '54 Super. :)

Thanks Keith!

I've got a honey-do list a mile long today, but hopefully will get some pics of me driving her tomorrow.

• Like 1

I did some battery post maintenance on the Roadmaster, F250, and the Durango.

cleaned them up with a wire brush. Installed the little felt doo-dads. And applied some pink protectant spray

I replaced the Durango's painted grill with a bright grill

then,

I drove the Roadmaster around the neighborhood, after I washed the dust off her.

Maybe tomorrow I'll go fill up with some of the good non-ethanol gasoline, one county south

We did a tour to the Rural heritage Museum south of Hagerstown MD. Thanks to all who attended. We had a 15 in our group and all indicated a great time. A beautiful spring day and plenty do and see.

Unfortunately only 4 of us from the Mason-Dixon Chapterpost-79073-143143065969_thumb.jpg. If our 1925 made it to this event (80 mile round trip) I feel more confident of its attendance at our June 20th Freysinger show at Mechanicsburg Pa..

Best to all:

Larry DiBarry

Wonderful day here in the Northeast! Got the bicycle out for a good ride this AM. And got the 56 out for a ride this evening. Here's a video ( I hope) which includes the use of a factory radio, with it's factory speaker still in operation. A fellow in our Chapter works on old radios for a hobby. He refurbished this one and gave me an input jack. This is playing a CD for this ride. Hope you don't mind the music.

Edit, I had hoped the video would work but it is sideways, so I deleted it, and will try to shoot a new one later this week. It was still an excellent ride though. I just love that 56!

Edited by JohnD1956 (see edit history)

Wonderful day here in the Northeast! Got the bicycle out for a good ride this AM. And got the 56 out for a ride this evening. Here's a video ( I hope) which includes the use of a factory radio, with it's factory speaker still in operation. A fellow in our Chapter works on old radios for a hobby. He refurbished this one and gave me an input jack. This is playing a CD for this ride. Hope you don't mind the music.

Edit, I had hoped the video would work but it is sideways, so I deleted it, and will try to shoot a new one later this week. It was still an excellent ride though. I just love that 56!

You gotta stop driving that car sideways JD. It's bad on the tin work never mind how the women folk get upset...:P Dandy Dave!

Went and picked up the '65 Wildcat convertible from winter storage today. After a bit of a cold start, she ran beautifully. I believe the choke needs adjusted, probably the carb too, as she smells like she's running rich, especially after sitting for a few minutes and starting back up.

Brakes were super touchy for the first few stops, then worked normally.

Now, it's raining cats and dogs.......

Need to get it to the upholstery shop for an estimate on a new top and top cylinders. Hopefully he can get it in quickly so I can bring her to Springfield as a driven car.

Finally got the 91 Reatta and the 92 Riviera out of their igloos, cleaned them up, ran them through for their required annual MA safety inspections (fee up $6 from last year to now $35 each), and took a ride!....of course one at a time...

Finally got the 91 Reatta and the 92 Riviera out of their igloos, cleaned them up, ran them through for their required annual MA safety inspections (fee up $6 from last year to now $35 each), and took a ride!....of course one at a time...

Geezzz. More Money. Time to get out of the Not so Great North East and head to Dixie. The Patriots would have had a Tea Party in Washington DC along time ago with the nonsense of over taxation and long cold winters we have to deal with here. I've finally made up my mind to do something about it. There is an Auction in my future, and properties For Sale soon. Dandy Dave!

• Like 1

I got the '65 Wildcat out today and started some paint touch up and chrome polishing. After about 10 minutes of that, I said SCREW THIS! and Drove it for a few hours. :)

LMAO!! Used the GS for some errands this AM, and the Electra for some errands this afternoon. The 56 probably goes to Church tomorrow. The only problem is when they all need a fill up at the same time, which I am quickly coming to.

Guest 4 bufords

drove my 62 invicta to dunkin donuts this afternoon,car ran pretty well except steering felt sloppy. need to get new tires and a front end alaighnment before springfield,4 bufords from ctUOTE=bhambulldog;1418600]I drove the Roadmaster today.

but, it was

looking like rain, so I didn't leave the neighborhood

I drove about five miles

I got the '65 Wildcat out today and started some paint touch up and chrome polishing. After about 10 minutes of that, I said SCREW THIS! and Drove it for a few hours. :)

Good job!

I was playing musical chairs with battery's

68 convertible one bad, stole the 67 GS Ca battery for it, then stole the 70 GS battery to run the 67 yesterday.

good problems, playing with cars is almost always fun!

Good job!

I was playing musical chairs with battery's

68 convertible one bad, stole the 67 GS Ca battery for it, then stole the 70 GS battery to run the 67 yesterday.

good problems, playing with cars is almost always fun!

That's a neat trick. Next time I buy a batteries, I'm going to get a group 31 batteries.

I can't get a good group 60 . That is the original size for the '55 Buick.

The group 31 is close enough that it will fit the Buick and the F250

Edited by bhambulldog (see edit history)

That's a neat trick. Next time I buy a batteries, I'm going to get a group 31 batteries.

I can't get a good group 60 that is the original size for the '55 Buick.

The group 31 is close enough that it will fit the Buick and the F250

I use the group 31 in my 55's and recommend it, but no swapping for me since they weigh between 60 and 75 lbs...my back would revolt.:(

Took the '60 for a 20 mile ride along the Lake Ontario Parkway yesterday, had a big steak at Nick's Sea Breeze Inn (http://nicksseabreezeinn.com/) parked across the street from Seabreeze Amusement Park (http://seabreeze.com/).

That was a makeup for the missed Valentine's Day 33rd Wedding Anniversary, there was a horizontal blizzard that day.

My wife had a view of the car through the restaurant window and it appeared to be noticed.

Today was Chevy day just for lunch.

Bernie

I use the group 31 in my 55's and recommend it, but no swapping for me since they weigh between 60 and 75 lbs...my back would revolt.:(

Point taken

My '03 Dodge Durango is next in line for a battery.

I'll buy a group 31. Put the 31 in the Buick.

Take group 27 (one year old) that's currently in the Buick, put the 27 in the Dodge.

The F-250 has two group 65 batteries that are six months old. I hope they'll last several years.

Our weather had been very rainy all week, and I decided not to get my 1934 or 1937 Buicks out because the forecast had been iffy for Sunday - nice that they were wrong.

Instead of a real Buick, we decided to get out the plastic Chevy

Drove the '88 'Vette to a local multi-carclub picnic today, and then to New Orleans' Lakeshore Drive...

Note the License Plate in the first photo -- (Pinky Randall - "Mr. Chevrolet" says a Buick is a Chevrolet with Lock Washers)

Based on the suggestion of a Louisiana State Trooper who understood my little joke, but told me I was looking for undue scrutiny, I went to DMV Headquarters, had them assign the "BUICK" plate to the 1937 Roadmaster 80C PHAETON,

then had them reassign the "TOURING" plate to the 'Vette, and ordered a new Louisiana Antique Personalized plate "AACA" for the 1915 Hudson Six-40 7-passenger Touring we recently brought home. Dale was seriously relaxed as the 85 degree clear and sunny skies warmed her at the New Orleans Lakefront and Lighthouse Point. Years ago, folks would go there to watch the Submarine Races.

post-54863-143143080524_thumb.jpg

post-54863-143143080533_thumb.jpg

post-54863-143143080545_thumb.jpg

post-54863-143143080555_thumb.jpg

post-54863-143143080565_thumb.jpg

post-54863-143143080575_thumb.jpg

post-54863-143143080584_thumb.jpg

post-54863-143143080594_thumb.jpg

Edited by Marty Roth (see edit history)

Our weather had been very rainy all week, and I decided not to get my 1934 or 1937 Buicks out because the forecast had been iffy for Sunday - nice that they were wrong.

Instead of a real Buick, we decided to get out the plastic Chevy

Drove the '88 'Vette to a local multi-carclub picnic today, and then to New Orleans' Lakeshore Drive...

Note the License Plate in the first photo -- (Pinky Randall - "Mr. Chevrolet" says a Buick is a Chevrolet with Lock Washers)

Based on the suggestion of a Louisiana State Trooper who understood my little joke, but told me I was looking for undue scrutiny, I went to DMV Headquarters, had them assign the "BUICK" plate to the 1937 Roadmaster 80C PHAETON,

then had them reassign the "TOURING" plate to the 'Vette, and ordered a new Louisiana Antique Personalized plate "AACA" for the 1915 Hudson Six-40 7-passenger Touring we recently brought home. Dale was seriously relaxed as the 85 degree clear and sunny skies warmed her at the New Orleans Lakefront and Lighthouse Point. Years ago, folks would go there to watch the Submarine Races.

LIKE. Dandy Dave!

I started and drove my '60 yesterday, got it warmed up good. It ran fine, and I ran out of time to do much. This afternoon, I washed it and waxed both the body and the chrome. Have to admit that it looks good. Beautiful day here in eastern Washington, but the Ponderosa Pine trees are starting to pollinate...that means depending on how much yellow dust we have, how much I'll just have to wait to do it again. That's ok...

It was a trifecta weekend for this rascal. GS and Electra yesterday, the 56 today. Even managed to fix the horn in the 56. Supposed to rain for the next week here so I'm going to work on the timing chain replacement in the Electra.

I can finally contribute to this thread. Drove this car on maiden voyage out for dinner over the weekend. By destiny I picked up this 73 just before Christmas very cheap. Back window was broken out of it and it had been sitting outside for a year and wouldn't start. True diamond in the rough. 59k original mi. About 40 hours, $400 in tires, + $450 in misc maintenance items, the car is running and driving beautifully. I felt it would clean up real nice and get running no problem but it has exceeded expectations in both body and mechanical condition. I didn't need, or have time for another car. Plan was to revive and sell but wife says we need to keep. Who am I to argue.

post-50687-143143080905_thumb.jpg

post-50687-143143080911_thumb.jpg

Yes, listening is a key in a relationship, especially when she makes suggestions like that.

As as I had to be in the country yesterday, I put the battery in the '75 Electra, topped up the tires and started her up. It felt good. Today I was able to get an extra driver together so we went out and brought the Electra in. She's now going to get serviced and the A/C dealt with so she can be driven to Springfield in June (for which I am finally filling out the registration). She's missing a center cap...question is whether I took it off and put it some place "safe" or lost it. I will have to dig around after the Jamaica trip.

I brought the '41 Roadmaster home from storage today, even though the weather seemed more like winter, than Spring! We even had snow here last night, but thankfully all the salt trucks seem have been put to sleep. I'm always a bit anxious driving the old car after so many months of storage, but she drove well.

This year I was a bit more so. I had bought and then rebuilt a Carter WCD carb over the winter to put on it, as I was having so many issues with the Strombergs, and changed it in the cold and unheated garage. She started and it drove decent, not perfect though, without any fine tuning. Much better than with the Stromberg, so far. Tomorrow I'll get it set properly set up.

I have a tour for Sunday, about 150 miles or so, and if all is well, I'll take the '41.

Perhaps I could now say my '41 is a "hybrid", as it has a Carter for a front carb, and a Stromberg for the rear?

Keith