JohnD1956

Raise your hand if you drove at least one old Buick this weekend

24 minutes ago, Poppy's 55 said:

I went out for a ride in this and bought it!

20180606_173902.jpg

Drive it on up to Denver to the BCA National Meet next week.  

Ben

1 hour ago, Ben Bruce aka First Born said:

Drive it on up to Denver to the BCA National Meet next week.  

Ben

Man I wish. The car still isn't home in Carlsbad from Grants Pass, Oregon yet. Maybe 10 days or so. And believe me when I tell you it's KILLING me!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Barry Newman used to transport cars through that area. The company might still be in business and your trucker could drop it off.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)

Today I drove the '56 Roadmaster the 100 miles out to the new house, and parked it with its' Buick Brethren, my wife's '68 Wildcat, and my '02 Rendezvous, which is taking up a classic car spot due to it not having brakes, and a leaky trans line.

The '56 ran like a champ through the slow traffic and hotish (85-90 F). Didn't get very high up the temp gauge. If only the factory A/C was working!

Keith

56BuickatHouse1Sml.jpg

56BuickGarage.jpg

Edited by Buicknutty (see edit history)
  • Like 5

Nope. Not Father's Day. With an invitation for breakfast in a small town 10 miles straight south on a smooth lightly traveled road, the V12, 6 liter, 48 valve, 438 HP, 4900 pound car with RWD and a 6 speed as smooth as a Dynaflow won out.

FathersDay.jpg.821574cca4ae4514afe08a2598a7ee2c.jpg

I was driven to it by forces beyond my control.

• Like 1

On my way to a Father's Day car show.  Up and over the Chesapeake Bay Bridge. 

6TW6oij.jpg 

• Like 6

Took the Electra to a show in Norwalk Ct. by the North East Auto Museum. A lovely location right by a Mansion and next to a Childrens Museum. It was a hot nice day with a good turnout. Drove the car 44 miles total. It was a pleasure to have A/C for the ride home. Only shut it once for 5 minutes when stuck in some traffic just to be safe.

IMG_2058.JPG

IMG_2040.JPG

• Like 8

Hello from Denver

I was kindly given a ride in this fabulous chain driven Buick today, what a privilege!

Does that count??

DSC05395.JPG

• Like 7

Finally got a car out this year.  On Sunday, attempting to keep up with the grass in the country, Suzanne asked what the odds were of bringing the Skyhawk back to the city with us.

We didn’t get all the grass cut.

Tomorrow or next week it may be used in a movie shoot.  If that pans out, I’ll definitely try to get some photos and information to share.

8FA65F7B-4372-4DD0-9C33-72553589D3BE.jpeg

• Like 5

12 hours ago, 38Buick 80C said:

Ben First-born Bruce and his 50 with the setting sun in Denver.

IMG_20180620_195859.thumb.jpg.3ea8bf436c218b2991abb84377d640ef.jpgDriven from TX.

I was lucky enough to meet Ben yesterday for a chat at the swap meet

• Like 1

Thank you for posting that, Brian.  

Lucky enough to meet ME?  Well, I don't know about that, Paul, but I am most happy to have shook your hand.

Ben

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Today's plan was to move the 41 Roadmaster to its new home. Though the weather was dull first thing this morning, I ddecided to go ahead with the drive as Sunday generally has the least traffic, and few transport trucks, and as I was going to be driving in their lane quite a bit I felt that was important.

Just about as soon as I started to pull it out of the city garage, it started raining lightly. Once we were under way, it started pouring. It rained the whole trip. Thinking about Larry Schram's post last year about driving for some time in his open Buick truck, I can say that I was glad that I had a roof, windsheild, and side windows, even though they were all fogged up!

Even though Sunday should be a quiet day, some folks managed to have an accident on a major expressway we were travelling on through Toronto. A long, 20 min+ delay, though which it ran like a top, more than I can say about later though. At just under the halfway point, we encountered another, much more minor slowdown, and she completely died on me. I coasted over to the shoulder of the highway, and then it restarted without too much trouble. This happened about 3-4 times, and only after driving at speed for some time. I had issues with fuel starvation last year, and I'm thinking that they are back to haunt me again, as I also started losing power on the hills.

So, after a stop at Tim Horton's, we finally made it to the new place, and now my two Roadmasters are parked beside each other. Funny how my nice seemly big garage is now quite full with 4 Buicks!

Keith

Buick41Gar3.jpg

Buick41Trip.jpg

Buick41Gar1.jpg

Buick41Gar2.jpg

Edited by Buicknutty (see edit history)
  • Like 8
  • Haha 1

Made it up to and back from the BCA meet in Denver on Sat.  Finished up the torque ball seal et al. about 11pm the night before.

Met Father Buick and several others while wandering the show and swap meet.  Stopped at the end of the driveway an took this.

Scott

20180623_175025.jpg

• Like 12

Made it home from the Denver meet today. 780 miles each way. Stopped in the small Texas town of Chillicothe to snap this photo of an abandoned gas station. Car ran fine on the trip home--no vapor lock.

IMG_8177.JPG

• Like 10

Friday and Saturday, I drove the Skyhawk about a mile to downtown for the movie shoot. 1978 was the newest they would accept, based on the timeline for the movie. The Skyhawk and a Cutlass were the only cars actually from the 1970s. Overall I’d say the group of cars was too old. That said, they didn’t actually do any shooting with the cars. Filming wraps up this week so they may be requesting the Skyhawk again. 

We we were somewhat sworn to secrecy so that’s about all I’ll say for now. Overall, we were treated quite well, paid in cash, and a couple owners were on standby as drivers / extras so got paid more. 

BB6CD63B-59D2-4AE4-97AD-8C1A2F583E9B.thumb.jpeg.9c1dbd9d189b53e2a67b0c4962dc2a56.jpeg

5AB6599D-4E13-41E7-BF7A-A6F954E17D76.jpeg

• Like 5

I took the truck out for a drive yesterday with some friends.

Heading out today for another day of driving.

0625181454a.jpg

0625182002_HDR.jpg

• Like 8

Well, I drove my 39 Buick sedan 16 miles to get REAL gas yesterday in 88 degree heat with no vapor locks.  It's the only station in the area to sell real gas and it's for sale.  Then what?

Beauchamp 1939 Buick Blue Ridge Parkway.JPG

• Like 6

Had the '25 for it's longest run yet.We stopped at our church for the Monday morning coffee hour.The pastor snapped this photo of two old geezers under the canopy.I know the thread says weekend drives,but I'm retired so my weekend stretches to seven days !

Jim

The 1925 Buick at church.jpg

• Like 9

7 hours ago, Dynaflash8 said:

Well, I drove my 39 Buick sedan 16 miles to get REAL gas yesterday in 88 degree heat with no vapor locks.  It's the only station in the area to sell real gas and it's for sale.  Then what?

Beauchamp 1939 Buick Blue Ridge Parkway.JPG

Buy it!