Raise your hand if you drove at least one old Buick this weekend

JohnD1956

No appropriate emoji to place on your post John except to say it looks like you are further north than us latitude wise... After all it is called Southern Ontario here which at the southernmost part is below the northern border of California.

That doesn't mean to say we don't get dumped on, it just depends on the jet stream tracking.

So far we have been spared a normal winter but feel your pain!

Stay inside, stay warm and enjoy the Family! :) 

• Like 1

Not a weekend but a holiday so i guess it counts. Decided to stretch the legs of the 49 roadmaster with a forty eight mile, 530 am drive into work on the freeway. Light traffic. Nice new and smooth 3 lanes of cruise time followed by the "Bat S*&t crazy get out of work at 11am and that old car better move out of my way!" drive on the way home.  Not as much fun nor relaxing. Accident avoidance technology at code red. But 72 degree's and the windows down during the Xmas holiday I will take 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Christmas Day 43 degrees and dry. i am not much into the hibernation thing so I'm a door opening away from rides up through town and around the "long block". Back inside with all warm fluids and dried out mufflers.

009.thumb.JPG.7d3fd8521f0729dcc5057112dfcd157c.JPG

The boards give me a couple of inches lift to straddle the scissors lift.

• Like 7

Holiday week- end continues.  Hard not to enjoy an even warmer 77 today. Good 20 mile drive followed by the required oil change and inspection. Outside the normal "where is that dynaflow dripping from now????" run through of tightening everything that could drip and a grease job, all looks good.  Will check shock levels tomorrow.

20191225_155439.jpg

20191225_163011.jpg

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, MiniCJJ64 said:

Does steering a 1926 Buick from the outside while it gets towed count?

As an LEO point of view, if they can place you behind the wheel, you are in control. Yes it counts!

• Like 3

Quite mild here in Southern Ontario this Boxing Day, so I took the '41 Roadmaster out for a 12 mile drive, and put a bit more fresh gas in it too.

Here's a couple of pics taken in front of what used to be the local school, before the Powers That Be decided it was cheaper to close it and bus the kids to another town. Now a craft brewery.

Keith

BuickFront.jpg

BuickSide.jpg

• Like 6

On 12/26/2019 at 3:17 PM, Buicknutty said:

Quite mild here in Southern Ontario this Boxing Day, so I took the '41 Roadmaster out for a 12 mile drive, and put a bit more fresh gas in it too.

Here's a couple of pics taken in front of what used to be the local school, before the Powers That Be decided it was cheaper to close it and bus the kids to another town. Now a craft brewery.

Keith

Love your car Keith but hard to post a like on the closing the school decision but...

You will have to take me to your new craft brewery one day. 😚

Having it in what was once a High School... seems so fitting. 😁

• Like 1

19 hours ago, dei said:

Love your car Keith but hard to post a like on the closing the school decision but...

You will have to take me to your new craft brewery one day. 😚

If you can make it along to our place sometime, I'll be glad to, and we can take the '41 too.

Sadly, lots of school closings around here, the old neighbourhood too, and my son was caught in one of them, and it messed him up a bit for a while. I hate what it does to the kids. It's more about the money than the kids, though all of the officials swear otherwise!

OK Guys, I'm off my soapbox now! Sorry!

Keith

• Thanks 1

No pictures this time, but I had to go back to town for quick errand, so I drove the '90 Reatta. Wanted to use it earlier in the day but the was going to include stopping at a busy mall, and didn't want to risk that. So instead, a guy in a pickup truck ran through a red light, at a quiet intersection, so I had to avoid him!

Keith

12 hours ago, Buicknutty said:

So instead, a guy in a pickup truck ran through a red light, at a quiet intersection, so I had to avoid him!

Keith

Thankfully you did right?

Here in Windsor the traffic seems to be getting ridiculous!!

Too much in a rush to get a few cars ahead sometimes and 20 kms over the speed limit minimum on the expressway...

I'm not officially a senior yet but come on people!

Edited by dei (see edit history)

Around dusk there will be times when I am clipping right along about 55-60 with another car a couple hundred feet ahead. They turn off and I slow to about 45. My wife will look over and say "Lost your deer car?"

Same thing in places where it looks like police are hiding in the bushes.

When I took that picture of my '60 yesterday there was a reminder of why I get tailgated some evenings.

050.thumb.JPG.650409c71f8982d6aa8b597910cc3a0a.JPG

Doug, it was a bit weird actually, not quite like the crazies in the city. It was on Hwy 3 which you likely know as it runs a long way West, and it goes through the small town of Delhi, where there is one of those multi phase signals, mainly because quite few large trucks go trough the area for various reasons, but mostly for all the farm produce.

So, I'm waiting for it turn to the green Left Turn arrow, then it does, and out of habit I very briefly pause, as I'm used to so many people running reds in the city, then started my turn, and a guy in a pickup truck just pulled away from the line in front of me, even though he still had the red. So, if I had hit gas right away, I would of been right in front of him, and maybe would of been hit.

My take on it was that he was tuned out, and thought the light changed in his favour, and that I'd would be the one waiting.

The ironic thing was that I avoided the malls and places like that in it earlier, which I'm supposed to anyway due to insurance, but nearly got smucked eleswhere.

Keith

Wish I could say I haven't done that myself, but I have. The left lane had a turn arrow and when it went green I drove straight ahead thinking my signal also turned green. I was very embarrased and also very grateful others were more awake than myself at that point.  This happened more than a year ago and I still remember it. 

Glad you were on the ball Keith!

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, neil morse said:

Find the Buick

Ocean_Beach.thumb.jpg.b53214c6ed2f71af8c850cd2bbff3858.jpg

A beautiful winter day in San Francisco.  Driving out to the beach is one of my favorite activities.

Sweet Biscuits!  That's the way to rub salt in the wounds Neil!   😢  🤢with envy!  😉

• Haha 3

On 12/15/2019 at 12:07 PM, dei said:

Took the opportunity to drive the Special for what might be the last trip of the year.

It has been in the low 40's and dry for a few days so the roads are clean.

IMG_6307.thumb.JPG.04cd54ea5e03c16e9bba556d183e94c9.JPG

Now that's a special Special! I was out early this morning in Ridgetown. Great weather but turned nasty heading back to London. 

• Thanks 1

I had the 1937 Roadmaster 80C Phaeton out Saturday to drive to our local Corvair Corsa Group annual get-together here in Metairie, Louisiana, and prepared our traditional Sweet & Sour Meatball crock pot. I meant to get a picture of the big Roadmaster surrounded by the Corvairs in attendance, but so many club members were so interested in the big Buick that I forgot to shoot a pic until after arriving back home 

C8AF357E-397B-4016-9828-FC43719E0B88.jpeg

A8D95076-FE26-40BB-AE0B-CEA7F5E065D7.jpeg

A98CA03C-A7E3-48E6-B6CC-EF298BA2FA30.jpeg

FC1523D5-DB6D-469F-B53B-5674AFB99892.jpeg

15F7D19A-FE23-47C9-BFCC-0003519E6394.jpeg

0C70B78F-87E5-47E7-A7A9-904325B4FC33.jpeg

0E963710-F47E-46FF-924D-35F79552B9D3.jpeg

012C57D6-7B3E-4F25-8C6B-0022BC5EF349.jpeg

062B108F-A126-4BFE-8D45-35CB1B52F9E7.jpeg

E8D5E4B8-7AAC-47D1-8F45-B76F27999467.jpeg

A8EEF40B-FDD5-4EC7-B4FB-B8BD3F94ABD9.jpeg

006C3954-78EB-4323-9D75-77EFAD0C3FD6.jpeg

• Like 7

Hi All,

26th of January is Australia Day and  members of the Buick Club of New South Wales participated in a street parade in a town called Camden which is located south west of Sydney. The day was hot (95F) and about 80 percent humidity.  Despite this the cars all ran well with only one over heat on the freeway run on the way home. We also had the pleasure of Bill and Marlene McLaughlin from Canada on the run and for lunch at a members property afterwards  Cheers Paul

20200126_101829.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1