JohnD1956

Raise your hand if you drove at least one old Buick this weekend

31 minutes ago, Buicknutty said:

Buick41 at CudiaSml.jpg

Love your car Keith,  the color is just the bees knees!

Today was a beautiful day here. This morning,  took my 1937 Model 61 out and washed it. I drove it to lunch and after lunch, I decided to see if I could find a good location for some photos, so I drove around Greenfield Lake Park since a lot of the azaleas in the park are near full bloom.  I put about 20 miles on the car today. 

DSC_0086.JPG

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, MCHinson said:

Today was a beautiful day here. This morning,  took my 1937 Model 61 out and washed it. I drove it to lunch and after lunch, I decided to see if I could find a good location for some photos, so I drove around Greenfield Lake Park since a lot of the azaleas in the park are near full bloom.  I put about 20 miles on the car today. 

DSC_0086.JPG

Azalea parade ready?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Brought the Special out yesterday and drove around town getting many thumbs up from those out on Good Friday.

Kept her at home over night and before noon today headed back to the gas station topping her up.

Visited a friend for a couple of hours and about a block away she stalled...

Found the fuel filter was gunked up so with pliers and screw driver in hand changed it out for a new one from the trunk and was back in business again.

Once back in the garage massaged my ego by wiping her down before closing things up.

IMG_2860.thumb.JPG.9e38cc31380fed59b637c1f6673ceb28.JPG

Edited by dei (see edit history)
  • Like 9

Matthew,

In a few decades here in Wilmington I have driven an antique car in a total of one azalea festival parade. That was about 18 or 19 years ago. I like my azaleas. I like the ones in the park. I just hate the festival and parades. I needed to get the dirt and pollen off of the car before next Saturday's AACA Meet in Charlotte. (Of course I got some more pollen on the car this afternoon, and plan to drive it tomorrow afternoon to my mother-in-law's house as well, so it might get washed again in the upcoming week.)

The azalea festival parade is two weeks from today. I expect a lot of the azaleas will be gone before the parade which does not upset me at all. I have actually offered to loan my car to another local AACA member who does not own an antique car for the parade if he wants to drive it, so the car might make the parade but I won't be driving it.

• Like 2

001.thumb.JPG.756f30998ea207ba09e4557506295daf.JPG

We had a bit of a soggy spot, but the '60 came out yesterday after straddling the scissors lift since the beginning of December.

And again this morning when I took it up to town for coffee with the old farts. Today is my Wife's first official day of retirement.

We have been riding around in that 12 cylinder BMW for about three weeks now and, as we rode up through town yesterday, I said "This seems a little lumpy compared to the BMW. She said "Oh, yeah, I noticed." A true 1960's four door hardtop doesn't quite have that "bank vault" feel. The Electra felt better this morning and we drove around the big block to loosen its joints up.

That is a good picture to show and mention the landscaping plan for this year. I bought two 9' doors to go in the right hand side of the garage at the rear. Right now they go in two deep. The doors will give me a direct opening at four spots. That low spot will get filled and a 90 degree driveway will go off to the back doors. And the tree comes down. I'm getting too old for too much monkeying around moving cars.

Bernie

• Like 8

1 hour ago, 60FlatTop said:

001.thumb.JPG.756f30998ea207ba09e4557506295daf.JPG

We had a bit of a soggy spot, but the '60 came out yesterday after straddling the scissors lift since the beginning of December.

And again this morning when I took it up to town for coffee with the old farts. Today is my Wife's first official day of retirement.

We have been riding around in that 12 cylinder BMW for about three weeks now and, as we rode up through town yesterday, I said "This seems a little lumpy compared to the BMW. She said "Oh, yeah, I noticed." A true 1960's four door hardtop doesn't quite have that "bank vault" feel. The Electra felt better this morning and we drove around the big block to loosen its joints up.

That is a good picture to show and mention the landscaping plan for this year. I bought two 9' doors to go in the right hand side of the garage at the rear. Right now they go in two deep. The doors will give me a direct opening at four spots. That low spot will get filled and a 90 degree driveway will go off to the back doors. And the tree comes down. I'm getting too old for too much monkeying around moving cars.

Bernie

Congratulations to your wife and her retirement.  

My two Buick love the warmer weather.  The colder weather definitely stiffens up the joints.  Me and the Buicks!  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, old-tank said:

WP_20180401_16_27_43_Pro.thumb.jpg.eeeadec1a808a9bb0835535182dc221e.jpg

Killing bugs and killing the planet.

Multi-tasking! 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, old-tank said:

Killing bugs and killing the planet.

California just passed a bill to outlaw turbochargers. The governing body concluded that the development of turbochargers tended to make driving fun. "Fun" driving can increase personal driving and accelerate global collapse.

After one year, owners who have not retrofitted to meet the new law will be fined $60,000. Income from fines and penalties will be applied to the increased military budget.

USSIowaOldTech.jpg.77f16d3a95a09ad9925273382b4fb8f9.jpg

SAAAAAAL ute!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

Was that perhaps reported on April 1st?   ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Bernie, I would also like to offer your wife congrats on her retirement.

Keith

• Like 1

17 hours ago, 60FlatTop said:

California just passed a bill to outlaw turbochargers. The governing body concluded that the development of turbochargers tended to make driving fun. "Fun" driving can increase personal driving and accelerate global collapse.

After one year, owners who have not retrofitted to meet the new law will be fined $60,000. Income from fines and penalties will be applied to the increased military budget.

USSIowaOldTech.jpg.77f16d3a95a09ad9925273382b4fb8f9.jpg

SAAAAAAL ute!

Is that the Missouri? I remember seeing it coming into Sydney Harbour some years ago

Posted (edited)

Took Almendrón for a 47 miles drive to pick up Maite at a downtown Hotel and took her to her Beach ? ? wedding ? at Crandon Park in Key Biscayne, Fl. 

0DE1E093-9F7E-498D-BDCF-C3279E291242.jpeg

A82F87E2-E0DD-4C93-99D2-54D96D691632.jpeg

CBEA7187-1715-4D56-A6DB-6A211EAC01D1.jpeg

5941D6B5-0B79-4E2B-9ECB-85D3F03F745A.jpeg

83DF48A7-2107-40AE-898E-706DF9BE88AA.jpeg

Edited by Elpad (see edit history)
  • Like 7

Posted (edited)

Wraparound windshield of a fiftyfo.....sunset time moving picture of Downtown Miami from JFK Causeway 

DD5C9578-6173-49EF-B195-358204547290.jpeg

Edited by Elpad (see edit history)
  • Like 7

great shot Al!!!

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Drove the Special over to Friends in Michigan to play with their Buick's.

This involved driving through the tunnel and clearing US Customs. 

IMG_2890.thumb.JPG.c99a359dc4442a95be30a4c9b22a63ac.JPG

Took Woodward Ave through the centre of Downtown Detroit past some historic Automotive places like:

The Old GM Headquarters.

IMG_2892.thumb.JPG.10b99b6fbb37db5105e524183186c3e7.JPG

And one of the old Ford Production Plants.

IMG_2893.thumb.JPG.edc52fdedfd76555c89e638b271a5622.JPG

Arrived at Jim's to helped with an engine removal.

IMG_2896.thumb.JPG.b647b682051bf60ae8ca36575a5d4c80.JPG

Then drove over for a visit to see Joe's Caballero in progress of completion.

IMG_2898.thumb.JPG.79696c06b753aad9f00fccb04cf0499b.JPG

Headed back home using Woodward again and had to take a pic of Detroit's Qline train/trolley beside me.

IMG_2904.thumb.JPG.ae92cacbb998443236df574aa8a1f3d9.JPG

Paid the Tunnel fare and was just about alone down there.

IMG_2905.thumb.JPG.ee2ebdd8d3c0c17e383100bc30d1272d.JPG

Twas a Good Day!

Edited by dei (see edit history)
  • Like 9

I drove both my '38's this weekend. In fact I drove my new Model 87 Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and today. If only I could get my 80C to start and run that reliably.

• Like 6