Raise your hand if you drove at least one old Buick this weekend

JohnD1956

I know what you mean. Does a Monday count if it is a Holiday. If so, me, the missus and Miss Terry took the Century to breakfast and a 50 mile ride in the country for Memorial Day. Sorry no pictures. So I guess it really didn't happen then eh....

Any day of the week is valid. Just last nite, on a ten mile jaunt in the GS i had to reprimand the rear tires for smoking. They are just two years old and way too young for that sort of thing!

I spent some time on Sunday getting the Riviera out of hibernation, a thorough cleaning and checking of all the systems. We drove down to the local Sonic for a couple of Blasts and as we were sitting there we saw the rain headed toward us. We were about 15 miles from home. I got the Riviera back in the garage about 90 seconds before the rain came. All systems were good to go and the air is still blowing cold from the last charge 3 years ago.

Ed

I got a call to use my Special in a movie last night.

My car has been used in movies before, but I got to drive it on camera today. It was such a close shot that I had to "go to wardrobe".

Here is a shot of what I saw while they were setting up.

null_zps337b6c83.jpg

Hi Guy's,

Sorry for the late post.

Took the "Baby" from Buena Vista 90 miles down to Canon City for the "Abby" car show last Saturday. Came in second behind a '47 Chrysler woodie (fresh off the rotisserie).

Proceeded another 20 miles on Sunday down to Florence, Colorado for the "merchants day" car show. No prizes here, just a nice display.

Drove the "Baby" 130 miles back up the canyon Sunday night, jumped in the Lincoln @ 5:00 PM and drove to Salt Lake City (9.5hrs).

Sales calls Monday and Tuesday, and drove to Atascadero, Calif. to tour "Bob's Automobilia" in the PM and drove to Ontario, Calif. Wednesday night.

Sales meeting @ the foundry all day Thursday and till Friday noon. I did visit Karp's resleeving in Upton, Calif. Friday PM and spent an hour or so with Ron Karp. Very nice gentleman. He did my wheel and M/C cylinders in 304 stainless about 3 weeks ago. A great job on all................

Drove home Friday PM and Saturday AM.

Spent Sunday "fluffing my pillow" !!!!!!!!!!

Mike in Colorado

Guest 4 bufords

drove to musclepalooza at lebonan valley ny sunday about 80 miles each way.saw some nice cars and watched drag racing,4 bufords from ct

drove to musclepalooza at lebonan valley ny sunday about 80 miles each way.saw some nice cars and watched drag racing,4 bufords from ct

You must have crossed paths with my brother. He was also there. Sure is a small world. Dandy Dave!

What else, Sam's in Holley. Lunch on the square:

post-46237-143142538604_thumb.jpg

And about an 80 mile ride; getting close to 500 miles already this year.

We turned onto one side road and I asked my wife if she remembered the Chevy I bought at the house on the corner. It was the dirtiest car I ever bought on the inside, an older couple with a little white dog.

I remembered cleaning the front carpets with a nap brush and lifting up lots of white hair. While I did it I kept thinking "I sure hope this is the dog's hair." I had seen the wife!

Bernie

102 round trip to the Hemmings Cruise In tonite. This GS is such an easy driving car it's almost scary. On the way home it looked like one of the cruise cars hit a deer. Too much commotion to see what was going on but I think it was the late model Avanti.

Drove my 38 Special to a BCA Northwest three club picnic yesterday. We had a beautiful day for a drive with 7 other Buicks. My only issue was not using the back roads to enjoy the ride. Oh, and I did an on-the-road oil change on the way to and from the picnic.

Today I will attack the side cover oil leak that was responsible for the oil change....

I took my modified 41 Limited out and LITE them up, a bit of smoke, and black marks. Felt like a teenager again.

Boy does it love 80 MPH. FUN is GOOD!

Dale in Indy

GD it Dale, you are a wilder an crazier guy than I thought. :cool: Dandy Dave!

Drove my 38 Special to a BCA Northwest three club picnic yesterday. We had a beautiful day for a drive with 7 other Buicks. My only issue was not using the back roads to enjoy the ride. Oh, and I did an on-the-road oil change on the way to and from the picnic.

Today I will attack the side cover oil leak that was responsible for the oil change....

Is this anything like Pushing a Buick homemade truck??? Like 1920's or there abouts??? With a boat on the roof in the Great paciffic north west???

I haven't seen a Buick (new or old) in 9 months...been driving a Nissan that would probably fit in the trunk of my Electra.

Bolero_zpsf59c826a.jpg

Dude, No Buicks = No fun. Well... mabey a litte fun??? But definetly not the kind off fun you want. Dandy Dave!

Guest 4 bufords
Is this anything like Pushing a Buick homemade truck??? Like 1920's or there abouts??? With a boat on the roof in the Great paciffic north west???

drove my 62 invicta to the Bradley air museum car show today,very good turnout.a few buicks there most from yankee chapter members.did get to pass out flyers for yankee chapter show in august,4 bufords from ct

Dude, No Buicks = No fun. Well... mabey a litte fun??? But definetly not the kind off fun you want. Dandy Dave!

It will be nice to get back to the States and drive my Buick again. Until then my little Nissan will have to suffice. It is a seriously small car (would make a new Verano look big), and even with only a 1.0 L engine makes for a zippy little car. It is the perfect car for narrow Okinawa roads and cramped parking lots.

Hey Old Guy, If everything goes right I'll see you shortly.....Happy Trails to you..and me....My old friend... Happy trails to you until we meet again.... Say I saw Nellybelle not all that long ago. Dandy Dave!

• 2 weeks later...

Drove the 49 to a car show yesterday. Out of over 230 cars it was 1 of only 3 Buicks there and the only pre 1960s Buick. There was a 64 Riv and a 64 Skylark. The 49 Super got its share of attention despite arriving late and parking in a side area away from the main row. Most cars there were hot rods or customs.

post-97678-143142565423_thumb.jpg

post-97678-143142565411_thumb.jpg

post-97678-143142565411_thumb.jpg

post-97678-143142565423_thumb.jpg

We recently took the blue/white 55 Century out for a 375 mile day trip as a shake down before the 4,000+ mile trip for the nationals. 16mpg in Texas hill country with a/c running. There were only 2 issues: first was at the first fuel stop with people standing around while trying to start it....click! and electrically dead! Tapping on the battery got it going for the rest of the trip (back home I noticed some sulphation and 5 year old date...already replaced). The other issue was while eating lunch in Leaky, Tx (touristy town near Garner State Park). A 'healthy' young lady came in to order take-out and Mary Ann remarked about how she was going to pay since there was no obvious money container (wearing a swim suit with 4.268 square inches of fabric). I suggested alternate...you can drive a Buick with one eye swollen shut :D.

Willie

• Like 1

Guest Buick8Bill

We took our '56 43R on a 260 mile round trip with our "other" car club. Aside from an exhaust manifold leak, the car ran well. On another note, with help from a mechanic friend of mine, I started our '36 model 46 for the first time in over 16 years. Nothing like the sweet sound of the old straight 8. The '36 won't be totally finished in time for the Nationals, but it will be there.

Worked on some chipped paint and overall cleaned the car, finalizing with a wax around 11:00 last night! Fathers Day car show today had 621 cars show up. A few 60's and 70's Buicks. Only one from the 50's which was mine and one from the 40's which was a 47' sedannete street rod. Was a great day with the kids!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our Chapter held it's 6th Cruise-in to Summer this past weekend. It was such a pleasure to take the 56 and not leave an oil slick. Just drove her 50 miles since last weekend, mostly cause of the torrential rains in these parts Weds through Saturday AM.

drove 3 Buicks this weekend, including one to a car show. Fathers day, got to sneak away to the car shop for a few quite hours with my"girlfriends" as my wife so affectionately calls them

• Like 1

I got the '20 out on the road for the first time this summer after the gasoline tank restoration and put about 5 miles on it. I am going to have to do some carburetor tweaking to get it running like a fine Buick should. We are headed for Lincoln, Nebraska this coming weekend for the AACA Central Division Spring Meet. We are hopeful that it will bring back its HPOF Certification. We have one service station in Hutchinson, Kansas that sells 100% gasoline. I almost died when I handed the lady $55.00 for 13 and a half gallons of fuel. I will say this though, the engine appeared to run smoother with fuel that is alcohol free.post-56463-143142578843_thumb.jpg

Terry Wiegand

South Hutchinson, Kansas America

post-56463-143142578832_thumb.jpg

post-56463-143142578832_thumb.jpg

post-56463-143142578843_thumb.jpg

rang up 100 miles on the GS. According to my notes I hadn't put gas in that car since May 27th, and in that time had only used 4 gal of gas. Guess I've been neglecting this one ever since replacing the steering gear on the 56.

Anyway took a leisurely ride over to Bennington VT to watch the cars from the Great race arrive for their lunch stop. What a great time! Saw more than one unique Buick powered vehicle there. I took so many pictures I don't know where to start with posting them. If this type of event comes to a town close to you I highly recommend attending.