JohnD1956

Raise your hand if you drove at least one old Buick this weekend

We ended up in some little Podunk place today.

001.thumb.JPG.105cfe7fe8602006300a3f67355b7d1a.JPG

The sign mentions the lift bridge. If you don't have one in your neighborhood here is a shot. Counterweights on cables balance the weight of the deck. They are fun to walk over when raised.

002.thumb.JPG.1f6f06503e384d98c956c1ada7edb9d8.JPG

• Like 6

I jumped the weekend by a day but it was so nice to be in the mid 40's Friday and after putting in a new battery, just had to go for a ride.

So excited forgot to take pictures while out...

IMG_4106.thumb.JPG.02e42866ff4405a89d188d87591c496b.JPG

Edited by dei (see edit history)
  • Like 3

Its a nice winter (it is winter isn't it ?) and we decided to go for a ride. $ 2.51 premium gas was nice too.  Anyway we took a ride to look at a Nailhead I have interest in about 25 miles from home.  Nice day, no traffic and a good looking engine.

All in All I put about 75 miles on the car today.  IMG_2430.thumb.jpg.ea953a314220804671f5cd4dfed7e291.jpg

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, Bill Stoneberg said:

Its a nice winter (it is winter isn't it ?) and we decided to go for a ride. $ 2.51 premium gas was nice too.  Anyway we took a ride to look at a Nailhead I have interest in about 25 miles from home.  Nice day, no traffic and a good looking engine.

All in All I put about 75 miles on the car today.  IMG_2430.thumb.jpg.ea953a314220804671f5cd4dfed7e291.jpg

If you posted after 5:53 EST today, (12/20/2018) it's officially winter.  Earlier than that the winter solstice hadn't occurred yet.

I guess I drove during fall and posted in winter then.  I will probably go for a drive again today and it will be winter for sure.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

My first winter drive in an old Buick, in this case my '41 McLaughlin Buick. The weather had warmed to about 50 F, and it had41BuickToday.thumb.jpg.eae975bc7d1a02877e0cbbf2df8adceb.jpg rained a lot last night and this morning, so my son and I decided to go out for a drive before it gets cold and salty again. We did 20 miles in it, drove and ran great. Temp was down to about 45 F, and the heater and defroster weren't challenged to keep us cosy.

The picture was taken just before I put it back into the garage, for another winter's nap.

Keith

• Like 7

Muddy and ugly out. Fired up the cars, warmed them up, worked all the switches and motors, tops up and down, and drove them back and forth in the garage. Now back to sleep for a bit....bob

• Like 2

I have had two weeks vacation over the Christmas period and had planned an outing or two in the '36 but with the temps here averaging 90F over the period it is just too hot to contemplate going out!!! I will be heading off for a 90 mile round trip in the Buick to a local wine region for lunch and to allow my son to use his Christmas gift voucher for his first first flight in a Tiger Moth.  Unlike my American friends I am hoping for cooler weather!!! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Took advantage of the sunny, 45 degree weather yesterday to exercise Goldie.  Despite the appearance of this parking area, the roads were clear and dry.  This time of year I need to take advantage of any opportunity!

IMG_1000.JPG

• Like 8

41 minutes ago, EmTee said:

Took advantage of the sunny, 45 degree weather yesterday to exercise Goldie.  Despite the appearance of this parking area, the roads were clear and dry.  This time of year I need to take advantage of any opportunity!

IMG_1000.JPG

Those '66/'67 Rivieras really push the button for me!  Thanks for the eye candy   @EmTee I needed that! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This was the last weekend of my break. Yesterday I bid farewell with our final drive. I'll probably be back for it late January, weather permitting. Realistically I could have taken it back to school with ne this time since all the roads were bare yesterday, but Friday and today are a different story! 

20190105_113856.jpg

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Ben Bruce aka First Born said:

Took George for a run today.  Enjoyed the beautiful NO TX winter.  

MAY add a pic when I locate my phone!

Ben

Gezus Ben!  You're killin me here!  

I did start the Queen today though.  But can't move it out cause the ground is too soft outside the shed!   Oye!

Yep, just came back from a long drive in old "Suzybelle" (also known to some as "Old Blue"

• Like 1

21 hours ago, JohnD1956 said:

But can't move it out cause the ground is too soft outside the shed!

Funny you should write that. I had a wet sink hole where the stump from the pine tree used to be. And the Buick was on that side.

005.thumb.JPG.5c948c6133258e76729731828446070e.JPG

So we took our ride in the other "B" car. Same old town square. Guess I better pour some concrete.

001.thumb.JPG.049a9020928342252e6b852205a43a49.JPG

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 60FlatTop said:

Guess I better pour some concrete.

Or, maybe a couple 10-wheeler loads of stone?  ;)

Time to take a short drive in the remains of freezing rain and slush.  New car is now "home" for the winter.

1913 coming home (2).jpg

• Like 10

Here's another photo of Larry's 1913 taken in 2008 at the GM Centennial Parade.

Terry Wiegand

South Hutchinson, Kansas

GM FLINT PARADE 071.jpg

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Buicknutty said:

Very nice looking addition there, Larry!

Keith

Thanks.  Looking forward to touring with it this summer and into the future.

On 1/24/2019 at 3:20 AM, Larry Schramm said:

Time to take a short drive in the remains of freezing rain and slush.  New car is now "home" for the winter.

1913 coming home (2).jpg

Brave

1 hour ago, J.H.Boland said:

I can only dream of taking the Buick out for some time. BRRRR!

Winter sun dogs 002.JPG

Is that Earth 

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, MrEarl said:

Is that Earth 

If it is,we're in trouble ! Winter sun dogs occur when the sun's rays reflect off ice crystals in the atmosphere. Seems like global warming has missed this area.

Edited by J.H.Boland (see edit history)
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1