What Happens If . . . ?

NTX5467

I believe the BCA 400 point judging is a fair compromise between the extreme clubs and the peer judging. I have been ask to be a judge at a local show and there are only 4 categories, Exterior, Interior, engine and wheels/tires. Each gets 25 points, I do not agree with this as how can wheels/tires be equal to the other categories.

This argument may never be settled, but it often comes down to the number of judges available and their experience.

I believe the BCA 400 point judging is a fair compromise between the extreme clubs and the peer judging.

I agree with Barney. And, your car is only in competition with what the factory originally manufactured...not against other cars in-class...not judged by peers. Remember, no need for stress...just have fun!!

I agree with Barney. And, your car is only in competition with what the factory originally manufactured...not against other cars in-class...not judged by peers. Remember, no need for stress...just have fun!!

Yeah Dude, You and I are on the same wave length. Dandy Dave!

• 2 weeks later...

Mr. Sweet, we would hate to see you leave The Buick Club. The Bugle alone is worth twice what a person pays in dues. First Born, I'm with you - Let's just enjoy the cars. But that is hard for a person to do when they have been assigned a spot out in the South 40 away from all of the rest of the cars. I don't know about the rest of you folks out there but this writer thinks that it is decidedly strange that we have not heard ONE SINGLE WORD from BOD Candidate Alan Oldfield during this election. One would think that he would step forward and state his views on the workings of this organization that he wants to be a part of. But, the reasonable thinking person would be wrong in wondering about that. The way things are unfolding in this organization I can see perfectly Mr. Sweet's feelings toward the whole mess as he calls it and he sure has called it right.

Terry Wiegand

South Hutchinson, Kansas America

Guest my3buicks

Terry, have you considered maybe Alan isn't a follower of the forum? Not everyone is glued to a device like some of us. Some people have a life LOL.

A life. I have memories of that. The forum is a click away from my physical desktop. Right now, within arms length, is a copy of Cameron Hydraulic Data, Hydronic System Design and Operation, Hydronics, Core Competencies for Federal Facilities Asset Management Through 2020, and Better a Shield Than a Sword by Edward Teller.

And I'm the guy who tries to add a little humor to my comments.

Bernie

Back to work.

All the candidates were made aware of the BCA Board of Directors Election -2014 http://forums.aaca.org/showthread.php?t=369902 thread when it started. When that thread first started there was some heated discussion and I am sure some candidates may have thought it was a little to warm in the kitchen to join in. But over time things cooled down and there has been some very good discussion and even between the candidates. Personally, I feel that any board member or any candidate for the board should not only participate in this forum for "campaigning" but should follow and participate on a somewhat regular basis.IMHO some of the better current and past board members and presidents have been forum regulars.

It takes a little more than a few paragraphs in the Bugle to convince MrE who to vote for and the discussion amongst the candidates who have posted their views thus far in the BOD Election thread has helped me tremendously in making my decisions (so far). My response to Mr Sweet then would be as ol' yeller so elegantly put it in another thread, "discussion is good, taking your toys and going home is not"