1964 Riv Passenger Side Reverse Light

Glenn McMahon

Chrome plating is like anything else. It's up to the owner's discretion as to what he wants to charge and you pay for what you get.

Have the Canadian government come down as hard on the chrome plating industries as the EPA has in the U.S.?

Ed

Hi Glenn,

Keep an eye out on eBay. I scored some almost perfect ones for my '63 not too long ago for $69 for the pair, housing, lenses and wiring included. To build on Ed's response, here in San Diego chrome plating is cost-prohibitive, as is paint, because of emissions crackdowns.

Chrome plating is like anything else. It's up to the owner's discretion as to what he wants to charge and you pay for what you get.

Have the Canadian government come down as hard on the chrome plating industries as the EPA has in the U.S.?

Ed

Hi Ed

You can still get it done of course but like most places all the used chemicals etc must all be disposed of properly. In the phone book here I still see all types of plating still available. I have some stuff to get silver cad plated. The jack shaft, hood latch, trunk latch, and hood hinges. Are the hood hinge springs cad or semi gloss black? Any other cad parts that I have missed other than brake booster?

Glenn

Plating is one thing I'm not aware of what is correct. In another thread, I think JZRIV said that the booster on 1st gen cars was black. I don't know about the hinges or latches. Perhaps Jim "Mr. 63" Cannon can chime in on this.

Ed