New reproduction 1937 Buick grills

bobj49f2

I have started making stainless steel grills to fit 1937 Buicks.

I am editing this listing with a new reduced price. I will sell a set of these grills for $1300.

I make these grills out of 304 stainless steel and they will last forever, at least a lot longer than the car itself. I have each slat laser cut, there are 41 on each side, 15 different sizes and weld them in a fixture to the side uprights. Test fit them to the '37 grill shell I have in my shop. I used a good, but broken, set of grills to make the patterns for the slats and the welding fixture. The grills have the correct belly and twist like the originals. After welding the grills are sand blasted, slats are sanded on the front edge with a belt sander to remove the laser cutting marks and then wet sanded to 1000 grit paper, afterwards they are buffed with three grades of buffing rouge to achieve a shiny finish. The front of the slats are taped off and the rest of the grills are sprayed with a self etching primer and satin black enamel.

Although I have tried my best to make these like the originals they are individually hand made and some tweaking may be necessary to make them fit your grill shell.

As everyone who owns a '37 or '38 Buick knows, the original grills are prone to crack in multiple places and the chrome finish pits and deteriorates. It can cost around $1000 to have a grill repaired and replated and then it's not guaranteed not to break once it's back on the car. These stainless steel pieces will be a lot more durable and if they do get damaged they can be repaired by anyone who can weld, sand and buff.

If you're interested please either PM me or email me directly with a phone number and I'll contact you directly. I will not require a deposit when you place an order but I will request that you pay for the grill before I ship them to you. I have just started to offer these grills so I don't know what kind of demand there will be for them but they will be made on a per demand basis.

Price does not include shipping. I am offering a money back guarantee if you are not satisfied. All I ask I require is you to pay the return shipping and return the grills in the same condition as they were sent to you.

post-63376-143142461018_thumb.jpg

post-63376-143142461032_thumb.jpg

post-63376-143142461054_thumb.jpg

Edited by bobj49f2
Lower price (see edit history)
  • Like 6

You should be congratulated for providing this service to the Buick collector community! Sure is nice to see something like this being done for '37 Buicks instead of the usual Ford and Chevrolet reproductions. Have you thought about advertising this in the 1936-37-38 Buick Club magazine or the Buick Bugle magazine?

Pete Phillips, BCA #7338

Leonard, Tx.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bob,

Nice work. Wish you were making grills for the 36.

I have a suggestion that may save you a lot of labor, There is a stainless steel sheet product called Stainless type 430 2BA Bright Annealed available up to 16 ga (.060) thick which has a surface finish that looks like a mirror. Actually it is used as a mirror in prisons and  high schools instead of glass mirrors. This product may save you a lot of sanding and polishing. Also water jet cutting although expensive may give you a smoother non discolored edge and solve warpage issues if you are having any. This product can be supplied with vinyl protective covering to avoid scratches & marirng in laser and forming operations.

The finish is achieved in the annealing process (don't ask how) and is not mechanical so the price is not jacked up for the labor.

I don't know where you are loacted at but if interested let me know abt1969@yahoo.com

Al T. 

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
Guest donald Sunseri

If you are still reproducing the 37 buick grilles, I am interested. Contact me at ddsunseri@yahoo.com or call 1-805-341-2484

On 4/9/2014 at 5:57 PM, bobj49f2 said:

I have started making stainless steel grills to fit 1937 Buicks.

I am editing this listing with a new reduced price. I will sell a set of these grills for $1300.

I make these grills out of 304 stainless steel and they will last forever, at least a lot longer than the car itself. I have each slat laser cut, there are 41 on each side, 15 different sizes and weld them in a fixture to the side uprights. Test fit them to the '37 grill shell I have in my shop. I used a good, but broken, set of grills to make the patterns for the slats and the welding fixture. The grills have the correct belly and twist like the originals. After welding the grills are sand blasted, slats are sanded on the front edge with a belt sander to remove the laser cutting marks and then wet sanded to 1000 grit paper, afterwards they are buffed with three grades of buffing rouge to achieve a shiny finish. The front of the slats are taped off and the rest of the grills are sprayed with a self etching primer and satin black enamel.

Although I have tried my best to make these like the originals they are individually hand made and some tweaking may be necessary to make them fit your grill shell.

As everyone who owns a '37 or '38 Buick knows, the original grills are prone to crack in multiple places and the chrome finish pits and deteriorates. It can cost around $1000 to have a grill repaired and replated and then it's not guaranteed not to break once it's back on the car. These stainless steel pieces will be a lot more durable and if they do get damaged they can be repaired by anyone who can weld, sand and buff.

If you're interested please either PM me or email me directly with a phone number and I'll contact you directly. I will not require a deposit when you place an order but I will request that you pay for the grill before I ship them to you. I have just started to offer these grills so I don't know what kind of demand there will be for them but they will be made on a per demand basis.

Price does not include shipping. I am offering a money back guarantee if you are not satisfied. All I ask I require is you to pay the return shipping and return the grills in the same condition as they were sent to you.

post-63376-143142461018_thumb.jpg

post-63376-143142461032_thumb.jpg

post-63376-143142461054_thumb.jpg

Hi, I am very interest in these grills, please text me at 305-898-4615 so i can buy them. Thanks

On 10/9/2017 at 8:59 PM, Luisc said:

Hi, I am very interest in these grills, please text me at 305-898-4615 so i can buy them. Thanks

Newby, Bob states in his post to contact him by a PM(personal message). Put the "arrow" on bobj49f2 a window will pop up, click on "message" send him a letter.

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...