Best route to Purchase NY from Southern NJ

Coming from the Jersey shore area - should I take the TPK to the GW or take the GSP to the Tappanzie - which would be the best route. I will be trailering an enclosed trailer.<P>Thks<P>Rich

Rich, it depends on how daring you are.<P>To take the George Washington Bridge will put you into the Cross Bronx Expressway. It is notorius for standstill backups. If it were me, I also would not want to chance a breakdown. In that case, you would be lucky to get away with your life, let alone get help.<P>I would definitely take the "Tappan Zee" bridge route. Granted, it too can have backups, but, you have a better chance and easier travel.<P>Regards, Peter J. wink.gif" border="0

Check to see if a trailer is legal on the Garden State Parkway!!!!!!!!! I know it is OK north of I80 to the Tappan Zee. Watch the signs for the George Washington Bridge you want to be on the top deck with the trailer. New York City ,is not that bad. You have a trailer drive it like you've been there before!

Thks Guys - Honestly not in the mood to be daring while pulling a 22 ft box - will take the GSP to the Tapenzie - looks like a straighter run on the map.<P>Thks<P>Rich

Peter,<P>Thks for the heads up - Just called the GSP - they advised it will be allowed. I have towed on the PKWY from 105 south - no problem for sure there. Will see what happens on Fri.<P>Thks <P>Rich

Bob,<P>Odd thing, the first time I towed on the pkwy I pulled up to the booth i/o EZ pass thinking they would charge me more for the trailer - as the TPK does. Turns out none of the toll takers took more then the .25. So after that I just used EZpass - Will try the same - this time. Maybe it's because I have a Stealth trailor rolleyes.gif" border="0 <P>Thks<P>Rich