remo decarbonizer 32,33 oldsmobile

Guest vacabill

Guest vacabill

In trying to put my 32 olds together, I found people to make a few hard to find parts, one is the remo decarbonizer can, and the waterplate, so if anyone is interested i can put you in contact with them

post-90926-143142444535_thumb.jpg

post-90926-143142444531_thumb.jpg

Edited by vacabill (see edit history)

Guest hfxtoolman

Hi Bill

I'm still on vacation, and I just saw your post with the picture of the water jacket cover I made.

It loks fine.

I took the one I made for my 1930 to Florida to show to some friends there.

Now I'm in Charlotte, North Carolina, and Tomorrow and Saturday I'm going to the AACA Southeastern meet at Charlotte International Speedway. I'm taking my water jacket cover with me in case I can find someone who's interested in looking at it.

BTW, your car looks great.

Rgds

Errol

• 1 year later...
Guest alteredmotion

Hi Bill. I'm putting together a 1933 olds and am very interested in getting a decarbonizer can made. If you can put me in touch with the guy that would be great. Thanks, Kevin.

Edited by alteredmotion (see edit history)

Guest alteredmotion

Deaddds, back then the gas was not very good and very low octane. There was a decarbonizer fluid that was put in the glass jar pictured by Bill, after the car was shut off you would pump a few squirts into the carb to help prevent carbon build up in the intake, carb and valves. No need for it today. Just for looks on a restoration.

Hi Bill. I'm putting together a 1933 olds and am very interested in getting a decarbonizer can made. If you can put me in touch with the guy that would be great. Thanks, Kevin.

Bill was not in good health the last I heard. He last visited the forums back in November.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Thought I'd mention that Bill called me the other day and he sounded good. I did not ask about his condition at all but asked if he was the gentleman called "vacabill" on this site and he said yes. He was super helpful and told me he would send me the info on the woman who made the remo can for him. Haven't heard back from him as of yet on it. When I do, I'll post the info.

• 5 years later...
  • 6 months later...