1982 New Riviera convertible Leather seat covers.

Guest Madjeff66

Guest Madjeff66

I have been looking at getting my seats reupolstered. Im seeing its not cheep. I have been quoted as high as $3,000.00. When searching for parts I found this site http://www.profitautointeriors.com/products/Buick/1983/Riviera/Seat-Covers--Full-Set--2-Door-Convertible--1983-85-Riviera/7240632/ABUI83R2CV.html

Low Back Buckets with Adjustable Headrests for Front, Solid Bench for Rear, Done Like Original with Horizontal Pleat, Leather Upholstery, Made in the USA .

The seats are for 83-85 riviera and I have a 82. What is the diference in the seats between 82 and 83?

Guest merrillcrosbie

The color/finish of the leather differs very subtly from 82 to 83. The 82 is more red and shiny. The 83 is more maroon with less gloss. They both have the horizontal pleats, so they are very similar and usually you don't notice the difference unless you have them side by side, such as at an ROA event. The 84-85 seats have vertical pleats and they are a little more brown than the earlier years. They had a different name for the color leather in those years too...it was mahogany or maple or something like that.

The only caution I might suggest is that the seat leather is matched to the door panels. If you put 83 seats/leather into an 82, it might not match the color/gloss of the door panels.

Guest Madjeff66

I'm contacting them to see if they can send a sample of the leather. This is the only seat uposlstry I have found and I'm hopping this will work out. If anyone knows the neme of the color used on the Leather seat covers of the 1982 riviera. Is the pleated patern the same?