65 buick riviera gran sport transmission rebuild

coast

I am looking to get the trans on my 65 Riv rebuilt. Can anyone let me know the best place to get the correct rebuild kit? Also is there any other information I need to be aware of specific to these transmissions>

Thanks

Bob

I am looking to get the trans on my 65 Riv rebuilt. Can anyone let me know the best place to get the correct rebuild kit? Also is there any other information I need to be aware of specific to these transmissions>

Thanks

Bob

Great question as I am also looking to rebuild my spare BS code transmission. Is the rebuild kit for a standard ST400 the same as a GS trany with a BS code?

If you aren't rebuilding the tranny yourself, you may want to ask your rebuilder as they may want to purchase the kit from their own supplier. These kits are readily available and still inexpensive. There is no difference between a kit for the BS trans or standard trans. These aren't complicated trannys by todays standards. I located an older guy who currently works at a tranny shop and rebuilt many of these back in the day. He did mine on the side at home for $500 all inclusive.