LOCAL CLUBS/LOCAL BENEFIT SHOWS?

CAMAC

Guest Hal Davis (MODEL A HAL)

We have an annual car show held on the grounds of an orphanage. While the entrance fees do not go to the orphanage, the car show is the main attraction for the crowds. The orphanage has many events and booths set up. They also charge a fee for parking. They send us a letter every year telling us how well they did that year and thanking us for coming. They credit our club for attracting the large crowd.<P>We also make several donations per year to various charities like the Red Cross, Hospice, and Shriners Children's Hospital, although we don't hold specific events to raise money for these charities.

Guest c.johnson

There is a local show that is on the a UVSC college campus. The proceeds go to a scholarship fund for the engineering/mechanical department.<BR>Works out well, there is enough space on the campus, parking lot for flee market, grass for show cars, and it is held when school is out. <P>cj

Guest SalG (Sal Grenci)

I have run a show each May for five years at the New York State Veterans Home at the State University at Stony Brook on Long Island. It is on Armed Forces Day, a Saturday. The Home is sponcered by NYS and is a nursing home open to vets.<P>I started out running this show because of my job with NYS Lottery, the admin guy notices my club jacket. (An application was submitted to place Lottery in the gift shop, I was sent with another guy and the admin guy said you or I can go to the corner store and buy a ticket, but the residents can't. Either we will be praised or blamed for making lottery available to the disabled vets. So, I push through the paper work and they get a machine.)<P>We usually get 50 to 60 cars and an antique bus from the 50's. We do a 50/50 to benefit the activity fund and they provide a DJ and coffee and doughnuts. This event is very popular w/ the residents and the car owners alike.<P>This year it rained, the last good soak we had.<p>[ 08-12-2002: Message edited by: SalG ]

Hi,<BR>Guess I'll answer my own question.<BR>Our club,MAC'S Pack,we have done shows for kids church groups,Meals on Wheels.<BR>What eve'd done for the last three years is put on a benefit show for the Burnet Co. Sheriff's "Teddy Bear Program".<BR>The bears are given to kids who are in higly stressed situations, abusive homes, car wrecks, etc.<BR>Entry fee to the show is 1 new bear or $20.00<BR>everything goes directly to to program.<BR>The local business underwrite to cost of awards,and door prizes.<P>One other thing we do, is having a show by mail with photos, we take the mony and but automotive books for our local library.<A HREF="http://clubs.hemmings.com/macspack" TARGET=_blank>MAC'S PACK</A> MACSPACK1@AOL.COM