1939 chrysler interior handles

I have two window cranks that appear NOS. They have the DPCD logo and a number 3081 inside. They have a brown plastic handle with concentric rings.They go on a 3/8" shaft. I don't know what they're for but they're $50 plus shipping.Even if you don't need them I'd appreciate it if you or somebody else could ID them for me.

post-66242-143142424238_thumb.jpg

post-66242-143142424264_thumb.jpg

Edited by Dave Mellor NJ (see edit history)

G'Day Dave, Thanks your reply,Thought I'd let you know I'm right for window cranks I've been lucky enough to find four of those.I'm really trying to get hold of the correct inside remote door opening handles.

By the way your window cranks in the pics are a different style to mine, mine have a ribbed pattern with big deco swivel knobs and on the back I think the number reads 3791.

Thanks once again, I appreciate your help,

Richard

Hi Dave, How do I do a quick reply and attach a door handle pic I have from "my documents",

Rich

If you have some pictures in your album, click the "Go Advanced" at the bottom of the posting space. Scroll down and click "manage attach ments". A window will come up with your last posted pics. Hit "Add Files" at the top then hit "Select Files". choose a pic by clicking it on, hit "open",

the url will appear on a list. Repeat the "select files" and click and open for as many pics as you want. Then hit "Upload" followed by "insert on line" and "done". your pics should load if they're not too big. You can try "preview post to see if they loaded then "submit reply". Good Luck (or,"G'Luck)

I've always wanted a 1939 Chrysler, but the dash completely turns me off. How in the World do you fix that busted up plastic on the dash? My grandfather had a 1939 Chrysler Royal when I was a boy. I remember when it was only 6-7 years old the plastic on the glove box and speedometer was all cracked up. Has anybody ever tried to reproduce these plastic dash pieces? I think the dash is why the '39 Chrysler is so rare among collectors today.

Thanks Dave, Also those handle pics where very helpful, can I have your permission to use them? Do you own this old 39 Chrysler, I'd love to find a similar one for dash parts too.

Rich

If you mean the cranks I posted, yes you can use them but the better interior pic was from Keiser. The ratty pic was on line and I suppose Keiser's was too.

Rich, their website is down, so I called them myself and asked about your handles. I'm sorry, but no luck, there. There's a couple more vintage salvage yards mentioned on this site:

http://all-about-detail.blogspot.com/2011/08/where-are-best-salvage-yards-in-america.html

I've had people ask me why yards like these can still have anything left after all of these years. There is a slow but steady flow of old cars to these yards still because of various reasons. Occasionally people buy properties with old cars left behind and simply want them gone. While others are frequently giving up on old "lifetime" projects, many of which have been disassembled to the point where their owners are embarrassed by them and prefer to not suffer the scrutiny of trying to sell them outright. It seems that the first thing unrealistic idiots do when attempting to hot rod an old car is throw away the drivetrain and interior. Sadly, it seems there is never a shortage of botched hot rods and ,worse yet, rat rods.

Edited by Hudsy Wudsy (see edit history)