Found a new home for a basket case 28 Standard

Dave_B

My House.

Yup, I couldn't resist. About 6 months ago a saw a 28-29 Standard Brougham on craigslist in Newport News VA which is just a few hours away. I emailed right away but just missed the end of the listing and the email bounced back. Long story short after a couple of tries on Ebay we were in contact and worked a deal.

I picked up the car yesterday and brought it home. While it is a fairly complete car, the body wood is all gone and the engine is stuck. It's a parts car really, but I'd hate to part it out. I have enough mechanical parts to get it on the road. So I need a body or ideas. I was thinking possibly a panel delivery.

I'm open..... thoughts??

Oh yeah, pictures will be posted soon.

Dave:

Congratulations! Now if I can only find a 1925 Standard parts car. I did follow a couple of leads but they turned out to be a 26. My mind always turns to a pickup.

I have the new hub for your fan in the lathe so it is coming along. Since the "polar vortex" still has us in its grip basement work is in order.

Larry

Larry,

In your hunt for a parts car, please let me know if you find a good hood and windshield stanchion for a 1925 Master Touring car.

One of the local Buick guys needs these parts to fix damage from he roof caving in from snow load.

Dave,

Congratulations on another prewar Buick.... Maybe a speedster?

Mark,

I was thinking of a truck conversion but the upper part of the back of the Brougham body is just about gone. I was going to use that for the back of the cab but not much there to work with. I was looking forward to blowing a few minds in the Home Depot parking lot. He heh

Mark:

This past summer I was begging people on the forum to get the 1925 md 54 sport roadster parts car in New York before he had it crushed. Had to take it all $400. Way to far for me to get and nothing fit my car. I believe it is all gone now. Tom Black had told me about it.

Dave :

Thinking more of a roadster pickup.

The Bonehead in Tennessee who was hot-rodding the 1925-24 roadster and did not get enough for the entire driveline parts on e-bay sent all to scrap. He got $158.00! I tried to buy the left over top irons just to get the rear window frame. He wouldn't sell. I think the tragic final project was sold with out a top anyway. Just what you could have used to do a roadster version.

Now I really need to come down for a visit!

Larry,

I have an open car already. Now I think I want something I can roll up the windows and turn on the heater. You know, for those brisk fall tours.

Yeah, when the fan hub is done come on down and we can play with Buicks.

Dave:

Yes I understand. We will be on the lookout for anything to help. If the front doors are good something may be fabricated to match up.

Is there a robe rail? Or does it have a rope? I am still looking for a rail for my 25.

Larry

'cause I know how much we all love pictures.....

post-48796-143142419008_thumb.jpg

The pictures look better than reality. Plus the drive home took a toll. All the parts were not really connected to each other and the vibrations shook the body parts loose.

post-48796-143142418997_thumb.jpg

post-48796-143142419002_thumb.jpg

post-48796-143142419004_thumb.jpg

post-48796-143142419006_thumb.jpg

Rod.

Thanks for posting the picture and the lead. Pardon my ignorance but where/what does CL stand for? I really hate to rob it off of a complete original car. Still trying to find one in the states. My great Buick pals are really beating the bushes for me.

Thanks all!

Larry

Rod:

This was the body from a complete 1925-25 that was disassembled at an auction last fall in Texas. From the auction photos I could identify the frame, engine, transmission, axles, wheels etc. scattered through out the buildings. Our Buick friend "Texas Car Guy" offered to bid on some things for me including the body.

But the auction sequence did not allow for compiling all the parts which belonged to a certain car. Or even picking an item to bid on. Like 10 or so radiator shells high bidder choice. So a lot of scrambled lots for example Buick parts and Model A parts thrown together as a lot. So I could not get any thing.

Although I still have the same problem as before. It is in Texas and I am in Pennsylvania. I will still try to call him to see how much he picked up. If we can strike a deal may need to take a road trip.

Thanks again:

Larry

pipeweld

The 27-27 is a standard six four door sedan where as the 27-28 is a two door four passenger coupe. with the built in trunk on the back. The front doors may be longer on the coupe than the sedan but I am not sure, The front fenders, hood and cowl would be the same.

Rod