Sign in to follow this  
auburnseeker

Are there any members in or near the town of California, Missouri ?

I'm looking at possibly buying a lot of car parts in California Missouri and was wondering if there are any members on these forums that are near by that could get some photos of the parts. (I've seen just 5 Photos) The owner is real busy and I would like a third party to take a quick look and photograph the contents of the trailer of parts. Many are in Totes so I'm looking to just have someone open the tote and take a picture in it (you don't need to empty any of them out). I need it done with a bunch of them. Say 20 or so. There appears to be around 80 or so of them. so just a sampling of what's there. Then photograph just in general the rest of the stuff in the trailer. It's very open inside and looks very organized so you won't need to really move much other than a few of the totes to get a picture inside the some of the lower totes. They are stacked about 4 high. What I saw in the ones on top doesn't look heavy so they should be easy to move around or slide onto the neat stack next to it.

I'm trying to make an offer and the seller has no inventory sheet of what's in there.

I'm more than happy to compensate say $200 to any one willing to take a few hours and get some photos they can email me. You don't need to have much knowledge of the parts. I'm mostly interested in the pictures and exactly how full the totes really are.

If anyone can help. Please let me know.

Personally I have done what your requesting for two other members of these boards and was stiffed on both occasions.

Having said that, I'd do it again in a heartbeat because I love the research aspect of old parts so it would be right up my alley but unfortunately I am located in the southwest. I do have family members in the KC MO area that I could call on but I'd bet they'll be just as reliable as the previous stiff jobs I've had.

Good luck - Free bump...

Edited by 30DodgePanel (see edit history)

I appreciate the bump. I've talked to the owner since. He's agreed to do a little more photographing for me so Hopefully it will work out. If it was a grand or 2 I wouldn't be as concerned, but it's quite a bit more, so I want to get a good feeling for what's there before proceeding. Unfortunately due to circumstances here at home I can't make the trip out to look the parts over myself. From a business standpoint it also makes more sense to spend a couple hundred dollars to have a representative look the parts over than to lose 2 days work and spend 1000 in air fare and gas to get their and back to see what the photos can show me.

Oh I totally understand and would do the same thing myself if I were in your shoes. Some of us only dream of opportunities like you're describing for many personal and business reasons so I hope it works out for you. Sometimes it's a double edged sword of sorts when it comes to parts but it sounds like you have a fairly patient and secure seller who is willing to help. Sounds like a win win situation for you...if you can make the trip or justify transport.

Sounds fun hope you get it.

Ok the dealer is really dragging his feet ( he got me a few more photos but they are very vague) and there is a chance I could loose this deal. I'm a serious buyer and a man of my word. No one will get stiffed if they have the time to get me the photos I need and a quick look at how much stuff there really is. Some of it is in a box trailer at the dealership. Some of it is still in the old Dealership boxed up. I've seen plenty of pictures of how many brown boxes and totes there are, but only a couple of what is inside of the totes. None of the boxes. I just need someone to open up say 10 percent of the boxes and take a picture in the top of them. You won't even need to empty the boxes or anything just a picture in the top will tell me enough and to verify that yes what's inside is car parts. The dealer seems nice but just really busy.

I can't even make the trip if I wanted to as my wife and I just welcomed our first baby a week after she broke her leg. Not to mention the 2 adopted kids that need to be taken to school and cared for, I just can't leave her alone.

I'll even go one better and up the anty to $300.

If you can get a car inspected for just a little more why is it so difficult to get someone to look at some parts mainly just to verify what I've been told. You don't need to have any knowledge of GM parts just a camera and a few hours.

Please let me know if you can help.

Why not engage a car appraisal service in the area to just do pictures or a wedding photographer ?

Just a thought ! Wayne

I just saw your post. I`m about 30 miles west of California, but I can`t go during regular business hours , Saturday or Sunday work? Evenings? email nolt4@windstream.net I`ll try to check here too, but not on computer much. Gary.

For future reference, I've had an occasion to need pictures of an area, and just called the local airport (FBO, fixed base operator).... There's usually a pilot at every FB0 who makes a little extra money taking aerial photos, I'd bet a dollar to a doughnut that same guy would stay on the ground and take pictures....