1939 headlights

belkus8

I purchased a 39 Buick in Dec. 2013, didn't pay close attention to the headlights, it has 6006 sealed beams in it that were not available til the 40's they are T-3 was there a later model 39 that could have been equipped with these or do you think they have been updated ?

belkus8, you need to put era correct headlights back into the car if you plan to show it at AACA National Meets. Brand does not matter. But with headlights being 3 points each, you want to correct ones in for the 1939 era for Meets. I hope that helps.

Please don't cheat and put the Halogens in that sort of look correct. They aren't. Exterior judges are being very sharp-eyed about this. All three points will be deducted for each Halogen headlight that is in a vehicle that they were not a factory authorized option for. The same goes for any replacement light that is not correct for the era. The deduction will match the max deduction for that particular light.

Some owners that drive their vehicles in the dark to get to the Meet or back home after a Meet have the brighter modern headlights in to drive and then they swap the lights out for the era correct headlights before the judging begins if it isn't difficult to do.

If you don't plan to show your car at AACA National Meets then put whatever headlights in the car you want to.

Hey R.O.T. my question was not if they have ( Ever ) been replaced , the question was if they had been updated or if a later 39 might have been equipped with them, but thanks for the input anyway. And thanks to the guys that actually gave me useful info.