"Busty" large chrome hood ornament

I have a hood ornament showing a naked lady (except for a halter top), with her breasts stuck way out front, her head laid back and her hair flowing back along the ornament. It is all chrome, over a foot long and about 5" high. Has tab on the back to take hood centre chrome. Would like to know what it's from and what it's worth, please. I'm guessing it's from the 30's or 40's -- Plymouth?? Many thanks. confused.gif" border="0

Len:<BR>I can't identify what vehicle your hood ornament comes from, but Joseph G. Cady in Ft. Collins, Colorado may be able to help you identify your mascot. This gentleman has a very large collection of mascots that will someday come to the AACA Museum, after the museum is built. His knowledge of mascots is outstanding.<P>Last year I had an opportunity to visit Mr. Cady and review his collection. I suggest that you contact him for more info. He may have e-mail, but I do not know his address. He can be reached at 970-282-0513 or by snail mail at 2900 Skimmerhorn St., FT Collins CO 80526.<P>Hope this helps you.

• 3 weeks later...

We have a Winner!!!<BR>Many thanks to all who offered suggestions -- and especially for the lead to ask Joe -- he kindly replied that this lovely lady adorned the hood of a '42-'48 DeSoto -- he had found the info in a reference book.<BR>Thanks again Joe for taking the time and going to the trouble of looking this up.<BR>Regards--Len

It is possible it is a late 30's or early 40's Desoto, possibly even a Cadillac, but certainly if you were able to send me a digital pic of it, I may be able to better identify it with you. The 1939 Desoto fits your description with the exception of there does not appear to be any halter top. The 1942 model Desoto does appear to have a halter and the face laid back with hair flowing down into a linear chrome back with slight vertical ribs in it. The 41 Caddy if more clearly a beautiful naked lady with hair flowing into her wings. In either case, again, a picture will clarify all. Let me know if I can be of further help. Bob at Classic Auto Services in New Boston, NH. (603)487-3500 or email me at rdw33b@fcgnetworks.net. Thanks.<p>[ 02-04-2002: Message edited by: 33Buicklover ]