'64 Riviera headlight grille/assembly

JRRivi64

Ladies and gents,

The headlight grille/assembly on my '64 in my opinion is in good shape considering wear and tear of a over 50 year old car. The headlight grille on the passenger side has a broken fin/scoop (top left corner). Not wanting to scrap what I have to search high and low for an undamaged grille or unnecessarily spend $$, I was wondering if the grille material can be repaired…I'm guessing brazed? Anyone ever attempted a repair? The first pic is of drivers side grille with fin/scoop I'm missing (for passenger side). Thanks for any input. Jeff post-98758-1431423986_thumb.jpg

post-98758-143142398582_thumb.jpg

post-98758-143142398619_thumb.jpg

Ed

Prior to your reply I checked out some brazing vids on YouTube. Your reply confirms this muggyweld/brazing is a possible solution to a problem where undamaged parts are scarce and no reproductions are available. Gotta say, although I'm a newbie Im aware of the fact you reply often to various posts. I admire your knowledge and appreciate your willingness to share.

Jeff

Guest Rivieric
Ladies and gents,

The headlight grille/assembly on my '64 in my opinion is in good shape considering wear and tear of a over 50 year old car. The headlight grille on the passenger side has a broken fin/scoop (top left corner). Not wanting to scrap what I have to search high and low for an undamaged grille or unnecessarily spend $$, I was wondering if the grille material can be repaired…I'm guessing brazed? Anyone ever attempted a repair? The first pic is of drivers side grille with fin/scoop I'm missing (for passenger side). Thanks for any input. Jeff [ATTACH=CONFIG]235521[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]235519[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]235520[/ATTACH]

Jeff, If you haven't had any luck with your repair, I have extra 64 grills. I see you're in SoCal. I go down there a lot . If you need any thing let me know. I'll take a picture of the side you need.

Eric.

Guest Rivieric

Here's what I have . Little dirty but will polish out. I'm posting the picture here because I couldn't figure out how to do it in a PM.

post-99255-1431424026_thumb.jpg