1926 Studebaker

Guest Bobby Westbrook

Guest Bobby Westbrook

post-99271-143142397486_thumb.jpgI bought a 1926 Studebaker President Sedan from my Great Uncle back in 1992. My Uncle had owned it for 40 years or so prior to me and it was in his garage. It has been in my garage since and is in excellent condition. I found the Serial Number in the wheel well on the drivers side- It is 1331480. Wondering if anybody knows a value on this vehicle and possibly the best place to market it? Last drove in 1993 for my brothers wedding.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. It's time to let her go to someone who will do something with her......and not just leave her in the garage. If you have any info for me....either reply here, or my email address is: shipcrew@charter.net or my cell phone is (707) 218-7524. Thanks so much! Bobby

If your car is truly a 1926 Studebaker, it is not a President. The model designation of President was first used in the second half on 1927 and was only applied to the 7 Passenger Custom Sedan (Big 6). It was not applied to the 7 passenger touring or any other model Big Six. This was done to introduce the new naming series that would be introduced in the 1928 model year. In 28, they introduced the President, Commander, and Dictator series. You do have a lovely car, but it is most likely a Big Six model.

Frank

This is an early model ER Standard Six. This is confirmed by the fact that it has a clock. Only first series ER 's had this. The silver finish on the gauge panel is another indicator. It has the integral sun visor whereas very early ER's had a separate flat visor. The headlights are incorrect. They should be drum type headlights. Otherwise, the car appears to be in very good condition.

Terry