TV SERIES LOOKING FOR GUYS WITH PROJECT CARS

Guest calicarguy

Guest calicarguy

Hello everyone. I'm a TV producer about to start a new series on a major cable network. We are looking for people with project cars that have been rotting away in their garage and always say, "I'm gonna fix it up," but never do. We are looking for people that live near the Tampa region of Florida. If you know of anyone, a friend, neighbor, or if its even yourself, I would love to speak with you.

Thanks so much!

Derek

Finished cars are overrated. Found my '30 Ford Roadster body in 1962. Dad's '31 hasn't run since 1983. Bob

I resemble that remark..... No time, No money.... :(

How about a very rare 1940 Caterpillar Road Grader. It is in New York State. Dandy Dave!

Edited by Dandy Dave (see edit history)

Guest Nancy DeWitt

Well, we have a ca. 1926 Fordson Snow Motor that we'd love to get running again but never seem to get around to working on it. Are you sure you don't want to come to Alaska? We seem to be a gold mine for reality TV...

post-58418-143142396304_thumb.jpg

Here's the promotional video for the Snow Motor, with Henry Ford at the wheel.

Edited by Nancy DeWitt (see edit history)

Well, we have a ca. 1926 Fordson Snow Motor that we'd love to get running again but never seem to get around to working on it. Are you sure you don't want to come to Alaska? We seem to be a gold mine for reality TV...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]235343[/ATTACH]

Here's the promotional video for the Snow Motor, with Henry Ford at the wheel.

Henry Ford looks quite spry for a man that is 66 years old in this video.

This is were the fight starts, and we start yelling at eachother, just like all the TV car shows. Bob

Posted 2 days ago - lots of replies - but nothing from the poster.....

Try this one on - I'm in NE Pa. - got a 47 Town and Country sedan 85% done (took 14+ years to get there)

Interested??????????

Like one previous posting commented. I would want to know what you have in mind. Having been in this hobby for over 45 years, I know that MOST people have NO idea what an antique automobile is or what it means. I always try to be polite. But a hotrod and an antique are NOT the same thing. Antique and historic vehicles deserve respect in a different way than cars that are modified in ways not correct to their era.

I worked in cable TV for many years and have seen how "restoration" shows and things like "Pawn Stars" treat and/or misunderstand historic vehicles. (By the way, Pawn Stars is better than most, but still nearly clueless)

I wouldn't let anybody touch any of my unfinished project cars without an ironclad guarantee that it would be treated correctly. Until I die.

Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Guest bofusmosby

Derek, My name is Jim, and I live in Tampa. I'm the one mentioned by Dave with the '37 Pontiac. I too would like to hear about your intentions on these cars you are looking for. Mine is in may garage (LOL) but not actually rotting away. I am a purist when it comes to history, so is this what you have in mind? Right now, I've had to put everything on hold, so I don't have the funds to do what I'd like to be doing with my car. If you'd like, send me a PM with your phone #, and we can talk. However, if your intentions are to do any mods to a car, and turn it into something else, then you have lost my interest.

• 7 months later...

I have 5 old cars that all run and drive well. I am 66. I don't have a pony tail, tattoos, or a shaved head. I don't throw fits or have angiety attacks. And I don't have a stupid friend to use as the butt of my abuse. Even if I lived in Florida I wouldn't fit the mold. Oh well, there are always old Carl Sagan vids on YouTube.

Bernie

If you're successful, and decide to take your show on the road, and make it up to my neck of the woods, you're welcome to consider any or all of my cars for proper and correct restoration. However, for anything other, they can remain rotting in my garage until I'm rotting six feet underground! PM me if desired.

Guest bofusmosby

The original poster only posted the one time back in February, so it is doubtful he is even open for volunteers now. I did speak to him on the phone, and he seemed to be a nice guy. I'm not sure if they (the show) would have done a proper restoration, because the masses would probably prefer seeing an old car modified IMO. I haven't heard anything else since.